GW-6900-1 strap question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lt642

Thread: GW-6900-1 strap question

GW-6900-1 strap question

I just received my new GW-6900, Atomic/Solar. I love the watch except for the band. It's a little too short and it doesn't seem as thick and well made as the ones on my older G's. Has anyone else gotten this watch and noticed the differance in the straps? I was going to put a Zulu strap on it, but the adaptors don't seem to fit.
    Any help on how to fit the adaptors or where to get the older heavier strap would be appreciated.
    Other strap/band ideas also welcomed.

Thanks.
    n_wildgirl likes this.

Re: GW-6900-1 strap question

Quote Originally Posted by lt642 View Post
    I just received my new GW-6900, Atomic/Solar. I love the watch except for the band. It's a little too short and it doesn't seem as thick and well made as the ones on my older G's. Has anyone else gotten this watch and noticed the differance in the straps? I was going to put a Zulu strap on it, but the adaptors don't seem to fit.
    Any help on how to fit the adaptors or where to get the older heavier strap would be appreciated.
    Other strap/band ideas also welcomed.

Thanks.
    Yes, I have the same watch sans the atomic feature, so it's a G-6900, not GW-6900 (otherwise exactly the same case etc), and know exactly what you are talking about.

It's my one and only "dislike" about G-Shocks... the dreaded stiff or even moderately stiff plastic "resin strap".

They are rarely ever long enough for me either, I end up wearing them on the second to last hole, with the strap keeper constantly sliding off, or I get lucky as in the case of this model, and find a bracelet that fits. Here are photos of the Stealth Bracelet I installed on mine. It turns this watch into a real gem. Super comfortable, very nice looking, and yet it nearly doubles the price one has invested in the watch.

So far the only place I have found these fine Casio bracelets available at is tiktox in the UK. Shipped to the USA I end up spending nearly $100 for the bracelet alone, _AND_ that's when they have them in stock. It's been my experience that 50% of the time they are sold out. So obviously these are extremely popular. One look reveals why, as they are nicely made from composite CFRP plastic and they have solid stainless steel IP plated links in the center. A deployment clasp of high quality finishes them off quite nicely. They have no part number but rather are sold by their description.

"GW-M5600BC Stealth Bracelet" the company is tiktox dot com.

Cheers...

Last edited by archer6; September 6th, 2009 at 20:52.

That G bracelet is cooool!

I have another suggestion - the Zulu with adapters. I don't know if it'll fit your model but I believe it will.
    (Here on a DW6900)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did what archer did - can't remember if he did his several hours before me or vice versa :D - and could not be happier. That bracelet fits perfectly and imo really enhances the watch. Extremely comfortable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I did what archer did - can't remember if he did his several hours before me or vice versa :D -
    Hey Coler... don't you remember. We timed it and you finished first cause I was still trying to figure out what a spring bar is...ha..ha..ha...

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Galpo View Post
    That G bracelet is cooool!

I have another suggestion - the Zulu with adapters. I don't know if it'll fit your model but I believe it will.
    (Here on a DW6900)

I like this Galpo, will have to give it a try.....

Thread Information