GW-6900 Question

Thread: GW-6900 Question

GW-6900 Question

Purchased my first solar atomic model recently and have a question, particularly about the "power save" function.

Out of the box my gshock was already synched with the correct time and everything, and I think the power save function was on by default.

Basically I left it on my desk for maybe 40 minutes and then I realised the screen was blank. I picked it up and I guess it reactivated....the time was correct and everything.

I did a little reading about the "power save" function....but is it supposed to go into sleep mode that quickly? Is anything wrong with my watch? Also, when the watch is in power save mode does it still charge when exposed to sunlight? I think that when it is actually sleeping and the screen is blank it doesnt charge, right?

Can someone clear this up?

Re: GW-6900 Question

According to Casio documentation, the watch should leave the power save mode once it is exposed to (sun)light.

I just looked up in a manual and it says that power save mode is entered after 60 to 70 minutes in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyckantropen View Post
    Purchased my first solar atomic model recently and have a question, particularly about the "power save" function.

Out of the box my gshock was already synched with the correct time and everything, and I think the power save function was on by default.

Basically I left it on my desk for maybe 40 minutes and then I realised the screen was blank. I picked it up and I guess it reactivated....the time was correct and everything.

I did a little reading about the "power save" function....but is it supposed to go into sleep mode that quickly? Is anything wrong with my watch? Also, when the watch is in power save mode does it still charge when exposed to sunlight? I think that when it is actually sleeping and the screen is blank it doesnt charge, right?

Can someone clear this up?
    Theres nothing wrong with your beloved watch
    I own several tough solar watches and they go to sleep after 40 to 60 minutes ONLY when they are in the dark.
    So they don´t sleep in the light
    - Casio Protrek PRW-1500-1VER -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just to add the PS (power save) is activated only during the hours 11pm to 6am.

I alyways turn off the PS on the watches I wear regularly. Just too annoying when it goes in PS mode while still on the wrist. And when using the EL at night you always have to push the button twice - once to wake it up - twice to turn on the EL.

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; September 30th, 2010 at 19:26.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Nice thread! Interestingly, my atomic Gulfman behaves the same way when its power-save function is turned on. A few minutes and its screen goes blank, whenever say.. my wrist faces the floor. Probably 15-20 min. long. My work entails facing the pc for long periods of time so yep, sometimes I don't get to move my wrist for a few minutes or so.

But it's not an issue anymore. I've since disabled the power-save function.

I'm curious though on why it takes such a short time for it to go to "sleep".

Well, I'm not sure if the 40 min. rule applied to all models. And double-yep, haven't read the manual. As usual.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400