Gw-7900B-1(JS) vs GW-7900-BMS-1

Thread: Gw-7900B-1(JS) vs GW-7900-BMS-1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gw-7900B-1(JS) vs GW-7900-BMS-1

What is (are) the difference(s) between these two models?

Is is just the regions they are available to, since I find limited results for the BMS-1? Also their pricing, the B-1 is at $120-150 and the BMS-1 at $230-250.

From images the BMS-1 looks to have a much brighter display but that can always just be a couple of good photos. Aside from that they appear to be the same watch unless I am missing something?

GW-7900BMS-1
    Name:  GW-7900BMS-1JF.jpg
Views: 2186
Size:  69.7 KB

GW-7900B-1:
    Name:  Casio-GW7900B-1-G-Shock-Watch.jpg
Views: 4836
Size:  23.6 KB
    Ω SMP 300M 2220.80 • Hamilton H78465553 • Helm Vanuatu 01AR1 • Vintage Seiko 5 6309-8239 • G-Shock GW7900B-1 • G-Shock MTG900 • DTW LE Chrono

True Grail : A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk

B-1 has resin strap, the other one has a nylon strap.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away......

Re: Gw-7900B-1(JS) vs GW-7900-BMS-1

nylon strap-on is for all your hypoallergenic needs!
    ..........................................i dont like my solar to be "M".................................................. ....................

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is what I thought when I first saw the 2 items. I just couldn't imagine a nylon strap driving up the price around $100; it sounds incredible expensive.
    I was expecting the MS to at least have different functions.

The difference is the 7900B has had an international release with localized pricing, but the BMS with nylon strap has only been released in Japan. The Japanese domestic market is always pricier, plus a poor JPY exchange rate makes it even worse. Importing JDM models is never an inexpensive option unfortunately.

This explains it clearly.
    Thanks JonL!!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by JonL View Post
    The difference is the 7900B has had an international release with localized pricing, but the BMS with nylon strap has only been released in Japan. The Japanese domestic market is always pricier, plus a poor JPY exchange rate makes it even worse. Importing JDM models is never an inexpensive option unfortunately.

Damn!!!

How I want a set of straps like those!

The more I look at them, the more I like them!!

Quote Originally Posted by zxxvii View Post
    That is what I thought when I first saw the 2 items. I just couldn't imagine a nylon strap driving up the price around $100; it sounds incredible expensive.
    I was expecting the MS to at least have different functions.
    it's not the strap that makes the price difference. it's simply JDM vs export. for some stupid and idiotic reason, JDM is able to demand a higher price because deluded people think it's a superior product to their exported products. If the gw5000 had ever been officially released for the international market, the price could have been reduced by as low as 100 dollars.

edit: bahhh... JonL has already explained it. I should have read the thread completely first before answering

Just to let you know, if you plan on your watch getting dirty, I would suggest the resin straps over the nylon ones. Dirt and other things can sometimes get between the fibers of the nylon straps and make the strap look oddly colored. I don't think it would be very difficult to clean, but I would rather not go through the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Junkie View Post
    it's not the strap that makes the price difference. it's simply JDM vs export. for some stupid and idiotic reason, JDM is able to demand a higher price because deluded people think it's a superior product to their exported products. If the gw5000 had ever been officially released for the international market, the price could have been reduced by as low as 100 dollars.

edit: bahhh... JonL has already explained it. I should have read the thread completely first before answering

true, and what you say is a factor, no doubt...BUT, have you checked the price of nylon lately?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information