GW-7900B "G-Rescue" Creaking case fix?

Thread: GW-7900B "G-Rescue" Creaking case fix?

GW-7900B "G-Rescue" Creaking case fix?

I love the GW-7900B! I love the look, and the straps are very comfortable. Everything on the watch was perfect until I washed the watch about a week ago... I simply ran the watch under running water, and now the case is developing creaking sound whenever pressure is applied. I am wondering if anyone has the same problem, and if there is a good fix for it. Thank you.

Edit: I attached a picture of the watch. There are two notches at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock of the watch. If any pressure is applied (ie. bending of my wrist), there will be be creaking noises.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by blues604; August 25th, 2010 at 08:23. Reason: attaching picture

Re: GW-7900B "G-Rescue" Creaking case fix?

Sorry, I can't help you - but here's a bump.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thank you for the bump. I did a little bit more experimentation with the watch last night, and I managed to fix the problem. I played with the case for a bit trying to shift its position, but that obviously had no effect. I ended up washing the watch under water again and waited for it to dry. This time I gave it a more thorough washing, and when I woke up this morning, the creaking is no more!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Same problem here, I only get the noise if I press on the 2 mentioned spots, so is not too bad...

I guess when I washed it for the very first time, maybe some dirt or grime got into the crevasses of the outer case. When I did a more thorough washing the second time, perhaps I managed to clean out all the gunk. There is no creaking at all now.

It was a huge annoyance for me since the creaking was less than subtle on mine. I don't like to wear my watch too loose, so my wrist is always pushing on the 3 o'clock position whenever I bend it. I hope you will be able to fix your problem with some cleaning as well. Best of luck!

Thread Information