GW-7900B vs GW-9110
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GW-7900B vs GW-9110

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GW-7900B vs GW-9110

I want to buy a new G-Shock. It's going to be a GW-7900B or a GW-9110.
    I like the negative display from the first one, but I like the Gulfman design better then the case of that Rescue-series watch.
    Does anyone know if the Gulfman will be sold with a negative display, or isn't it worth waiting for such a watch? If not, which one of these G-Shocks would you prefer?

GW-7900B:

GW-9110:

Re: GW-7900B vs GW-9110

Welcome to the forum.

I have a GW-7900B and I really like it. I've never had the chance to play around with the new GW-9110 Gulfman. I think I prefer the look of the older G-9100 and GW-9100 models, but this new one has more features. I'll probably pull the trigger on one, but I'm holding out on a different style.

Negative vs. positive LCD might be the biggest deciding factors. Some people can't stand the lower legibility of the negatives ones, but I think they look great.

Hi,

There may be a negative Gulfman in future, but in the (recent) past that's only been as a result of limited special edition releases, which cost accordingly more.

Personally I prefer the legibility of positive displays, but negative ones look cool.

Both are good watches. For me, I'd take a positive GW-6900, but that's the opposite of what you like Otherwise, the Gulfman would be my pick of those two.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Purely a personal choice, this one. I really liked the older GW-9100, so the changes on the new one annoy me a bit - especially the red inserts on the lower bezel.

On the other hand, I prefer positive displays, so that means I'm not over-keen on the 7900.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Hi,

I know there have been limited versions as the GW-9100MB, and I like that watch too, but it's been sold since a while. In the Netherlands this Men in Matte Black version was for a sale at a lower price than the standard GW-9100 (Horloges, Watchwinders, Horlogekisten en Horlogebanden bij Kish.nl). So I'm not worried about the price of a GW-9110 with a negativ display.
    I just don't want to wait six months or more for a watch like that to come. I don't know how much time there will be between the announcing of a watch like that and the availability in stores.
    Though the looks of the GW-7900B are not perfect (the case, I mean), I've seen some very positive reviews on that Casio.
    The legibility doesn't bother me that much. I have some other watches for different occasions.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I prefer the GW-7900B mainly because of the following reasons:

- superior buttons, very easy to push
    - dedicated 5th. light button
    - no red accents
    - stealth overall look

however the GW-9110 might be the better choice if maximum readability is your main concern. but then you always could go with the GW-7900 positive display as well....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by KarelVdD View Post
    I want to buy a new G-Shock. It's going to be a GW-7900B or a GW-9110.
    I like the negative display from the first one, but I like the Gulfman design better then the case of that Rescue-series watch.
    Does anyone know if the Gulfman will be sold with a negative display, or isn't it worth waiting for such a watch? If not, which one of these G-Shocks would you prefer?

GW-7900B:

GW-9110:
    I love the GW-7900B's beefy look with the large bezel screws and overall design The addtional bottom button for the light is also a great deisgn feature as opposed to the new Gulfman

The Gulfman will probably hold its value better in the future as it is a 'Master Of G' watch.

You may have a wait until at least the spring of next year for a negative display gulfman so if you want a negative display now go for the GW-7900B.

Last friday I went to fit some G's. In the store where I went, they had a few G7900's, but no Gulfmans.
    I actually thought the G7900 would be bigger. It's not to big at all. Comparing to my 48 mm TW Steel Tech A1GP it looked a little smaller. I thought it would look bigger, 'cause of the size they put on websites (+ 50 mm).
    The wings at the back of the strap were not a big advantage imo. I did not feel them as much as I expected.
    I also fitted a Riseman, but I'm not planning on buying one of those.
    So ... I still don't know which one I will buy. :D

Isn't this a negative display gulfman?
    GW-9100MB-1ER
    GW-9100MB-1ER - Products - G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by KarelVdD View Post
    Last friday I went to fit some G's. In the store where I went, they had a few G7900's, but no Gulfmans.
    I actually thought the G7900 would be bigger. It's not to big at all. Comparing to my 48 mm TW Steel Tech A1GP it looked a little smaller. I thought it would look bigger, 'cause of the size they put on websites (+ 50 mm).
    The wings at the back of the strap were not a big advantage imo. I did not feel them as much as I expected.
    I also fitted a Riseman, but I'm not planning on buying one of those.
    So ... I still don't know which one I will buy. :D

The Atomic Gulfman is about the same size as the Riseman. If you're into the bigger looking Gs. I suggest you go for the GW-7900 rather than the Gulfman.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400