GW-9000 Mudman Question
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GW-9000 Mudman Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question GW-9000 Mudman Question

Hey guys,
    I have a question on the GW9000 mudman, I'm trying to change the light feature, so it stays on for 3 seconds, instead of the 1.5 seconds it's currently on. I thought the option to do this was somewhere in my basic timekeeping adjust mode. I'm not finding it, also I looked through the manuel (a bit quickly) and I couldn't find anything about doing. I could have sweared that this watch did this..

Does this watch have the ability to change the lights duration from 1.5 seconds to 3 seconds?

Thanks in advance!

Re: GW-9000 Mudman Question

I just read the manual and it doesn't mention it at all, so I'm guessing no.

Here's the link http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw3050.pdf

ugggh!....that stinks. Really surprising to me as well. I know this model is a few years old, I think 2006 if I'm not mistaken, but it has a good amount of features, and is atomic. Most of my watches that have the full auto-EL I assumed could do this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeh...gw9000 doesn't have a 3 sec backlight. The GW9010 does though. I had both. Sold the 9000 awhile ago and gave the 9010 to my son :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZASKAR36 View Post
    Yeh...gw9000 doesn't have a 3 sec backlight. The GW9010 does though. I had both. Sold the 9000 awhile ago and gave the 9010 to my son :)
    So frustrating!!! (Why do I let these things bother me though?...lol)
    Super Diver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    So frustrating!!! (Why do I let these things bother me though?...lol)
    Haha....it's understandable. The 3 sec backlight is really nice. 2 secs seems to be just a hair to short when trying to read the time at night. Plus I also use the 3 sec backlight as a flashlight at night, when checking on my kids.

Shame though...only some models have it. The ones that I know that have it are: Mudman GW9010, Mudman G(W)9300 series, and the G(W)7900 series.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a question on the GW9000 mudman, I'm trying to change the light feature, so it stays on for 3 seconds, instead of the 1.5 seconds it's currently on. I thought the option to do this was somewhere in my basic timekeeping adjust mode. I'm not finding it, also I looked through the manuel (a bit quickly) and I couldn't find anything about doing. I could have sweared that this watch did this..

Does this watch have the ability to change the lights duration from 1.5 seconds to 3 seconds?

Thanks in advance!
    Sure it does. Just tap MODE until you're in the timekeeping mode. Then hold ADJUST until the seconds start to flash. Normaly, this is where you'd set the time and date.

Now here's the crazy part: press the RESET SPLIT button. Each time you press RESET SPLIT button the starburst in the upper left corner will change from little starburst to BIG starburst. For the full three seconds of light you want the big starburst. Finaly, exit by pressing the ADJUST button.

Here's a picture of the starburst

+ little starburst (1.5 seconds)
    * big starburst (3 seconds)
    Last edited by CasualKenji; September 4th, 2012 at 00:39.
    Jamiemn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualKenji View Post
    Sure it does. Just tap MODE until you're in the timekeeping mode. Then hold ADJUST until the seconds start to flash. Normaly, this is where you'd set the time and date.

Now here's the crazy part: press the RESET SPLIT button. Each time you press RESET SPLIT button the starburst in the upper left corner will change from little starburst to BIG starburst. For the full three seconds of light you want the big starburst. Finaly, exit by pressing the ADJUST button.

Here's a picture of the starburst

+ little starburst (1.5 seconds)
    * big starburst (3 seconds)
    Wrong model. OP is asking about the 5 eye Solar/Atomic Mudman GW9000 not the standard non atomic G9000. Same model line and similar model number but different modules. Kinda suxorz the standard model has the 3 sec backlight and the Solar/atomic one doesn't. :(

Good info to know though.
    Last edited by ZASKAR36; September 4th, 2012 at 04:06.

thanks for all that work and info...you got me really excited for a minute, but yeah, like Zaskar said, slightly different model. :/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information