GW-9000A crystal replacement

Thread: GW-9000A crystal replacement

GW-9000A crystal replacement

I recently purchased with watch on ebay. (I'm a sucker for a project) The crystal is available. But, is it possible to replace it and how difficult would it be?

27016566.jpg picture by j_hebdon - Photobucket

Re: GW-9000A crystal replacement

I don't know about this mudman, but I've done crystal replacement on a DW-5600C, GW-6900, and also on a Gulfman. It's not too hard, but it does take a bit of force. If this Mudman is like the gulfman and 6900, and I assume it is, then you open the case, remove the module, pop out the old crystal from the inside pushing out, and pop in the new from the outside pushing in. Sounds simple, but don't be surprised if you need to use about 50 lbs of pressure. Some crystals come out easy and some are a real pain. Wear gloves in case it shatters (I've had that happen before). Putting the new one in, make sure you have the gasket in place. If it's one of the type that is glued in, not sealed with a gasket, then you can use a LITTLE superglue around the edges of the case. Make SURE it is aligned properly and sitting directly on top of the case, not at an angle. Put something flat on top, like a hardback book, and press down firmly and evenly. You might find that only a corner goes in, but the rest will not. This means you were not pressing down evenly or the crystal was not flat on top of the case to begin with.

Re: GW-9000A crystal replacement

Thanks a lot for the help. I'll be ordering the glass soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Update:still waiting on the glass from PAC parts.

Glass finally came in. Hoping to get to it one evening this week.

Thread Information