GW-9200 vs GDF-100
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GW-9200 vs GDF-100

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The only state created during the Civil War.

GW-9200 vs GDF-100

I don't know if this has been brought up before. Both look to be "almost" identical, the keyword is almost. Please help a newbie and tell me what are the differences between both. Both have the sensor at 9:00 but the GDF-100 has the four buttons. What functions do these have? If I'm not mistaken both have Barometer and Altimeter. Size wise are they the same or different. I do know there is a major difference in price, so is it worth the extra money?

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Re: GW-9200 vs GDF-100

In a somewhat crude and sweeping way, I'd say the GW-9200 looks nicer and the GDF-100 is probably a bit tougher. ...But I'm sure some more informed and considered answers will be along shortly.

One is Elegant the other is Bold. What typa man are you?
    johnny.bravus likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So, which is elegant and which is bold? I was hoping someone could explain the four buttons on the GDF-100.

The GDF100 is not solar or atomic while the 9200 is solar powered and syncs with a radio tower in Ft. Collins Colorado in order to achieve extremely accurate time. The GDF100 is larger than the G9200 which worked for me as my wrists are on the larger size!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Play View Post
    So, which is elegant and which is bold? I was hoping someone could explain the four buttons on the GDF-100.
    The four buttons on the GDF at the 9 o'clock are not buttons but merely decoration (which do look cool). There is only 4 total buttons on the GDF:

the "Adjust button" at the 10 o'clock
    the "Mode button" at the 8 o'clock
    the "Start-Stop button" at the 4 o'clock
    and the "G/Light button" at the 6 o'clock.

I do not have the 9200 but I thought about it a while back. The GDF100 is a good watch and I am wearing mine right now!

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

Are these the only Gs that have barometer and altimter?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Play View Post
    Are these the only Gs that have barometer and altimter?
    Negative. The G9300 has those features too; plus a compass. You could also check out the "Pathfinder" series. They are not G-Shocks but still have solar power, barometer, compass, altimeter, thermometer etc and are still made by Casio

The altimeter and barometer are cool features to have but I find that they are not the most accurate of objects. Even the thermometer is off by a few degrees at times. I would not use them for something extremely serious, though they are nifty features to have for outdoor activities (I always use the thermometer feature on my GDF :))

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

ahem...correction for Furrotik :) - the 9300 Mudman doesn't have the alti/baro/thermometer - it has the compass/thermometer/moon phase functions... The GDF-100 does have similar functions to the Riseman, in fact, function-wise, I think the most significant difference in the Riseman is just the atomic/solar aspect, everything else is pretty comparable. I think there are some older Gs that featured alti/baro as well, but I would have let the vintage G-gurus here point them out...

I consider the GDF-100 to be a nice alternative to the Riseman; it's larger, it's cheaper and it demands attention. But I am a sucker for atomic/solar so that's why I am letting go of my GDF-100 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    ahem...correction for Furrotik :) - the 9300 Mudman doesn't have the alti/baro/thermometer - it has the compass/thermometer/moon phase functions.
    Whoops, I stand corrected, good catch friend!

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

They both have almost the same features.

The only significant differences are the battery (Riseman is solar-powered, GDF-100 is not) and of course, the overall design.

Riseman also has a variant with atomic timekeeping.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information