GW-9400 in America
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: GW-9400 in America

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member Renzer1133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23

    GW-9400 in America

    Hello. First i want to say that i'm pretty new here but i already read the G-shock forum everyday (it's addictive!). So i'm planning on buying my first G-shock, the GW-9400. But since i live in The Netherlands, the watch is priced at €300. So a friend of mine is going to the USA from November 5th to November 12th. So it would be great if she could pick up the G-shock for me. But i am concerned that the watch will sell out, or even worse: it won't be released yet . So does anyone know when it will release in the Soho NYC store? Thank you.

  2. #2
    Member civic98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Langkawi, Malaysia
    Posts
    396

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    You can always order online, you'll probably receive it in a week's time. I ordered mine, looking forward to it in couple of days.

    CASIO | seiyajapan.com

  3. #3
    Member Renzer1133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    Quote Originally Posted by civic98 View Post
    You can always order online, you'll probably receive it in a week's time. I ordered mine, looking forward to it in couple of days.

    CASIO | seiyajapan.com
    I actually want the non-CF version for $300. And the customs here in The Netherlands are ridiculous, i would propably have to pay €70 more!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member xevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    I haven't heard word of the exact release date in the USA, but the general rumor is sometime in November. Unfortunately, it may be later on near the Thanksgiving time frame (last week of the month). If you're lucky and it's the first week, I think your friend should have a good shot at getting one at the G-Shock SoHo store or at Macy's. Because many people will get them on-line with free shipping and no tax to save some $$, I doubt they'll sell out in stores. These aren't a limited release.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

  6. #5
    Member Renzer1133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I haven't heard word of the exact release date in the USA, but the general rumor is sometime in November. Unfortunately, it may be later on near the Thanksgiving time frame (last week of the month). If you're lucky and it's the first week, I think your friend should have a good shot at getting one at the G-Shock SoHo store or at Macy's. Because many people will get them on-line with free shipping and no tax to save some $$, I doubt they'll sell out in stores. These aren't a limited release.
    Well, lets just hope it is going to be the first week . But is it going to be $300 retail? I'm a little confused now

  7. #6
    Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    Right now, they are scheduled for release at the end of November. I already put my order in with Casio for my store. I ordered over 130 units.
    xevious, Sjors, alexs12 and 2 others like this.

  8. #7
    Member xevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    Thanks for the confirmation Odie. Looks like you're out of luck Renzer. VAT sucks but at least you have quality healthcare without breaking the bank!
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

  9. #8
    Member Renzer1133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation Odie. Looks like you're out of luck Renzer. VAT sucks but at least you have quality healthcare without breaking the bank!
    That is true . And well, her husband goes from to time to time to America because of his work. So there is still some hope . But can someone confirm that the non carbon fiber version costs $300 in America? Would be appreciated .
    Last edited by Renzer1133; October 12th, 2013 at 21:26.

  10. #9
    Member babola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,383

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Renzer1133 View Post
    But can someone confirm that the non carbon fiber version costs $300 in America? Would be appreciated .
    No one can confirm the price with 100% certainty, however Casio US stated number of times during last few weeks the recommended retail price in US market will be set at $300.

    But as others have mentioned above, it will be close to the end on Nov and beginning of Dec that you'll most likely see them on the shelves there.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,985

    Re: GW-9400 in America

    xevious,

    Do you think Macy's will carry the GW9400 in their stores? It seems retail stores never carry a model that will push over the $150 limit. I was shocked (pun not intended) to find a store today that had a 9300 mudman.

    Thanks


    Thanks,
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •