GW-9400 Rangeman Disassembly, strange black paste-like stuff all over the sensor?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GW-9400 Rangeman Disassembly, strange black paste-like stuff all over the sensor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW-9400 Rangeman Disassembly, strange black paste-like stuff all over the sensor?

Hi all

I've just disassembled my Rangeman for thorough cleaning and when I unscrewed the two metal plates that protect the triple sensor I've found this black stuff that didn't seem to be put there very precisely and basically it looked like it had just been thrown in there over the sensor. The thing looked like a messy job if it was put there intentionally, maybe something like black silicon paste to protect the sensor, but it was all over the place.

So I've cleaned it up a little bit and positioned the rest just over the sensor in a circular shape before I screwed the plates back on. I'm left with a feeling that this is how it was supoosed to be done in the first place and I feel quite pleased with the end result.

Any comments? Has anyone found something like this on their Rangeman and what could have happend If I had removed it all together and just left the sensor clean under the two metal protective plates? My OCD just doesn't like something splattered over there without shape or function.

I forgot to take pictures of it as I never thought of reflecting on it but my curiosity prevailed. I've watched gshock highfashion's youtube dissasembly video of the Rangeman and the guy never mentioned it nor paid attention to it.

Thanks.
    memento_mori likes this.

Re: GW-9400 Rangeman Disassembly, strange black paste-like stuff all over the sensor?

Yes I also have had this “problem”, my barometer doesnt work anymore so i needed to order a new sensor.
    Current watches:
    Casio Pro Trek PRW-2500
    Casio G-Shock DW-6600
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-3
    Casio G-Shock DW-9052
    Casio G-Shock GXW-56

Watches I have had:
    Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GWG-1000-1A3ER
    Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW-1000RAF-1AJR Royal Air Force
    Casio G-Shock Love The Sea And The Earth 2017: Rangeman GW-9403KJ-9JR
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m reference: 2264.50.00
    Glam Rock Sobe-Tech 50mm Chronograph
    Casio Frogman GWF-D1000

Re: GW-9400 Rangeman Disassembly, strange black paste-like stuff all over the sensor?

Sensor protection I think, I saw the same material when deep cleaning my pro trek watches.
    memento_mori likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Adam020 View Post
    Yes I also have had this “problem”, my barometer doesnt work anymore so i needed to order a new sensor.
    I wouldn't call it a problem, just a messy job from Casio applying the silicon I guess. Everything works fine so far. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my LEX829 using Tapatalk

I keep a bunch of new spare parts for my Mudmaster and the pressure sensor is one of them.

According to PacParts it is the same
    Part# 91087277852 pressure sensor for many models, including the Rangeman 9400:
    http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=91087277852

Sorry for the poor quality picture. It does not appear that there is something smeary on it. At least the blue packaging foils appeared to be free from any residue when I unpacked it.
    Last edited by WES51; April 25th, 2019 at 20:02.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    I keep a bunch of new spare parts for my Mudmaster and the pressure sensor is one of them.

PacParts: 91087277852

Sorry for the poor quality picture. It does not appear that there is something smeary on it. At least the blue packaging foils appeared to be free from any residue when I unpacked it.
    Nice one, Sir. Next time I open mine I'll surely get rid of the black stuff.
    WES51 likes this.

http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=91087277852

Nice, I should have bought it from you. The black residue is in the middle of this sensor.
    Current watches:
    Casio Pro Trek PRW-2500
    Casio G-Shock DW-6600
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-3
    Casio G-Shock DW-9052
    Casio G-Shock GXW-56

Watches I have had:
    Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW-1000RAF-1AJR Royal Air Force
    Casio G-Shock Love The Sea And The Earth 2017: Rangeman GW-9403KJ-9JR
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m reference: 2264.50.00
    Glam Rock Sobe-Tech 50mm Chronograph
    Casio Frogman GWF-D1000

PacParts: 91087277852

Maybe Casio puts something on the sensor when the watch is assembled. Case back gaskets don't have any residue on them when purchased, but it's up to the user to put silicone grease on it when they install it.
    WES51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Maybe Casio puts something on the sensor when the watch is assembled. Case back gaskets don't have any residue on them when purchased, but it's up to the user to put silicone grease on it when they install it.
    That is my thinking too and I should look more into this. Not that my watch would need it now, but if the sensor ever fails and I need to replace/install this sensor, I want to make sure I'm doing it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    every brand new G ive opened up has had some form a grease, its very thin but its def. there
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information