GW-A1030 Thirty Stars - what a finish to the 2012 30th Anniversary Collection (Review - pic heavy)
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: GW-A1030 Thirty Stars - what a finish to the 2012 30th Anniversary Collection (Review - pic heavy)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GW-A1030 Thirty Stars - what a finish to the 2012 30th Anniversary Collection (Review - pic heavy)

The last few months has been quite a mad little journey starting from the humble Haze 110EH, building through a crescendo of Rising Red classics all the way to the insane grail-calibre GWF-T1030 Titanium Frogman.

And now, after giving us a short break to recharge our credit cards, Casio has released a spectacular finish to the year with the 30th Anniversary Thirty Stars Sky Cockpit GW-A1030.

Not only do they share their model no. designations, the GW-A1030 even comes packaged in the same Haze-trimmed cardboard carton and square crate case (this time in all black) as the GWF-T1030, which indicates the level of regard Casio holds for this model.

The watch itself is immaculately built, as is the norm with the Sky Cockpit series in general, with a nicely balanced colourway of matte black with gold accents - a perennial favourite adorning some of the most sought after classics, in particular the various generations of black and gold Frogmans.

Aside from the gold accents, there are a few unique details which lifts the Thirty Stars above its Sky Cockpit brethren:

1. It carries the “Zulu Time” marking on the lower right button, a la the very limited and very sexy GW-A1000RAF:

2. A gorgeous gold back plate with the now-familiar Haze-designed 30th Anniversary logo:

3. And of course, the unique metal keeper engraved with all Thirty of the Stars which give it its name:

Perhaps one reason why I like this one so much is it pairs up so well with 3 of my favourites.

Posing here with its black and gold mate, the GWF-1000G:

… and with its Sky Cockpit twin, the GW-A1000RAF:

… and with the big daddy-o 30th Anniv Titanium Froggie GWF-T1030 in their matching crates:

… and filling the final spot (which frankly has been reserved for it since it was announced) to complete my current Top-10:

This really is a stunning G-Shock and, being an analog fan, will really give the RAF a run for my wrist time!

Hope you enjoyed.
    Last edited by Esky; December 7th, 2012 at 09:26.

Re: GW-A1030 Thirty Stars - what a finish to the 2012 30th Anniversary Collection (Review - pic heav

Very nice review, although the repeat sentences at first made my head spin lol

I love the pictures!! Very nice collection! Can not wait for mine to come in.

Re: GW-A1030 Thirty Stars - what a finish to the 2012 30th Anniversary Collection (Review - pic heav

The best 30th Anniversary Collection so far,

Congrats, now you take a break before the 3rd wave of the Anniversary series hit on next year!

cheers.
    Esky likes this.
    Current Collections (G-Shock, Protrek & Others)
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/members/yschow/albums/

*Wish List: ​Completed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

freakin awesome, i need 1030 in my life :D
    gripmaster likes this.
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by showtime240 View Post
    Very nice review, although the repeat sentences at first made my head spin lol

I love the pictures!! Very nice collection! Can not wait for mine to come in.
    Cheers mate I need to proof read better! Corrected :)

Bling!

Awesome collection! Can't wait for the 30stars to arrive

Wow, you really do have all of them! Casio must love you! I think that GW-A1030 is the best of the GW-A1000's so far

Nice write up and great pics! Congrats on the impressive collection!

TZA

congrats on your 30th anniversary collection! looks awesome!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information