GW-B5600-2ER Bluetooth Problem?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WatchGeek
  • 2 Post By kenls

Thread: GW-B5600-2ER Bluetooth Problem?

Question GW-B5600-2ER Bluetooth Problem?

Is anyone having a problem with automatic Bluetooth time-sync sync every six hours to an iPhone running the latest version of iOS? Within the past week, it has missed three synchronizations, two at 0:30 hours but also one at 18:30 hours. In both cases the watch was right next to the phone. I have since deleted the watch from the Casio app and re-added it. Hopefully it will help. Has anyone else seen this problem? It is not a battery problem as the battery level is almost completely full.

Thanks,

-jim
    kenls likes this.

Re: GW-B5600-2ER Bluetooth Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchGeek View Post
    Is anyone having a problem with automatic Bluetooth time-sync sync every six hours to an iPhone running the latest version of iOS? Within the past week, it has missed three synchronizations, two at 0:30 hours but also one at 18:30 hours. In both cases the watch was right next to the phone. I have since deleted the watch from the Casio app and re-added it. Hopefully it will help. Has anyone else seen this problem? It is not a battery problem as the battery level is almost completely full.

Thanks,

-jim
    Hi Jim, when I bought my bluetooth squares I had the same issue as you are experiencing. I couldn’t get on with the app and its random bluetooth sync success rate. I now run both my bluetooth squares on MB6 only. I recorded my findings in THIS thread. The thread that prompted my test is HERE.

I’m fairly certain the apps (ios and Android) should have improved with the latest versions.
    GaryK30 and Dxnnis like this.
    Ken

Thanks for providing the test information. Now I am wondering if it is the app or a combination of the app and the watch. Point memory always works as you found. It is just the automatic syncs that sometimes fail even when the watch is right next to the phone within 15cm. Why didn't you report your findings to Casio Customer Support? They can't fix the problem if they are not aware that it exists. I am sure that many folks don't really notice the problem because they simply don't care or they are satisfied in the watch synchronizes once per day.

In my case I own other Casio 5600 square watches with MB6 and sans Bluetooth. Unfortunately I live in an area where I cannot rely on MB6, hence the reason that I purchased the Bluetooth 5600.

Do you know if there is an email address or a phone number to contact Casio Customer Support?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for providing the test information. Now I am wondering if it is the app or a combination of the app and the watch. Point memory always works as you found. It is just the automatic syncs that sometimes fail even when the watch is right next to the phone within 15cm. Why didn't you report your findings to Casio Customer Support? They can't fix the problem if they are not aware that it exists. I am sure that many folks don't really notice the problem because they simply don't care or they are satisfied in the watch synchronizes once per day.

In my case I own other Casio 5600 square watches with MB6 and sans Bluetooth. Unfortunately I live in an area where I cannot rely on MB6, hence the reason that I purchased the Bluetooth 5600.

Do you know if there is an email address or a phone number to contact Casio Customer Support?
    You might try the Technical Support number at this link.

https://www.casio.com/support/contactus/phonenumbers

Thanks for the contact information. I tried calling the technical support number (1-800-435-7732) and get a message saying "Your call cannot be completed due to technical difficulty". :(

It was reported at the time and, if I recall correctly, there was a “fix” issued a while later.
    tomchicago ran a thread HERE. See post #44 onwards.
    Ken

Thanks for the contact information. I tried calling the technical support number (1-800-435-7732) and get a message saying "Your call cannot be completed due to technical difficulty". :(
    I tried it now and it seems to be working again.

This is interesting, however the problem that I am having is with iOS.

Thread Information