GW-M5600-1 vs GW5600J-1 Subtle Differences

Thread: GW-M5600-1 vs GW5600J-1 Subtle Differences

GW-M5600-1 vs GW5600J-1 Subtle Differences

I have recently started adding some classic styles to my G-Shock collection. My newest acquisition is the GW5600J-1. I absolutely love the form factor of this watch. I have 6.75" wrists and this is the only G Shock that I actually forget that I am wearing because it is so comfortable.

I also like the very bold time display. There are only two things that I have an issue with. First, the strap is much longer than any of my other G-Shocks (including my GLX5600 G-Lide which shares a similar form factor). Is there any option to buy a shorter strap or is cutting it down my best (and only) option?

Second, I would prefer if the big blank space in the upper left corner of the display was filled with something...anything. I don't need the day of the week up there, but at least put the alarm indicators in that space. It just seem (purely aesthetically) that this empty space could have been better utilized.

I have my eye on adding a GW-M5600-1 to my collection. This has a more balanced display with the day in the upper left, although I prefer the color scheme of the GW5600J-1. What other differences are there between these two models? Does anyone know if the strap is the same length as the GW5600? Any other models I should consider that share the same case style and features?

Thanks so much

Re: GW-M5600-1 vs GW5600J-1 Subtle Differences

Hi,

Others here know more about those specific models than I do, but if you look for the 4 digit module number (which is shown on the back of any G), you can download the operation manuals for theme here. This is the most complete way of knowing what a watch can do, as the brochures aren't geeky enough

Watches [ Manuals ] - CASIO WORLDWIDE
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

I just got a new gwm5600 and the band is definitely shorter I prefer the 5600j because of that. I regret flipping it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dd627 View Post
    I just got a new gwm5600 and the band is definitely shorter I prefer the 5600j because of that. I regret flipping it
    Thanks for the info. That is definitely helpful. How do you like the GWM otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
    Second, I would prefer if the big blank space in the upper left corner of the display was filled with something...anything. I don't need the day of the week up there, but at least put the alarm indicators in that space. It just seem (purely aesthetically) that this empty space could have been better utilized.
    The space on the upper left can be used for the Auto EL and PS status indicators (if they are enabled). Sometimes I deliberately leave it blank if I don't want to see too many details on my 5600J.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

It doesn't seem to wear as big as the 5600j . I also think the 5600j looks more like a military watch. I ended up buying a dw6600 band for it which was recommended by Sedi which should help me with the size. All and all I prefer the 5600j so this one may go back and I'll pick up another 5600j

DD627,
    I totally agree with you that the 5600J looks more stealthy. I definitely prefer the color scheme of the 5600J. I will most likely take your advice and just shorten the strap myself, get used to the minimalist approach on the face and start enjoying this thing to the fullest! Thank you for your help.

How much longer is the band on the 5600j vs the GWM5600?

the gw-5600j is also slightly larger than the gw-m. not much, but I can feel the difference. the bands are also not interchangeable.

Thread Information