GW-M5600 with a GW-M5600BC metal/resin band
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By gaijin

Thread: GW-M5600 with a GW-M5600BC metal/resin band

GW-M5600 with a GW-M5600BC metal/resin band

Anyone else done this? The M5600BC is a hard to find one and I already had the regular M5600 and the original band to it broke so I called Casio parts and ordered the band and spring rods (they're a tad skinnier I can tell, so I'm glad I ordered those too) from the BC model. They had some available but they weren't cheap but I got it anyway and I really like it. As far as compatibility it seems to fit fine but is the dimension of the watch head and fittings of the regular vs. the BC version exactly the same? Just trying to make sure it is indeed a truly compatible fit for this expensive watchband.

Re: GW-M5600 with a GW-M5600BC metal/resin band

Welcome to WUS.

How much was the band from Casio? I was thinking of doing the same thing for my white GWM5600. Either that or waiting to buy a new gwm5610 and putting a black resin on my white GWM5600.

Would love to see some pics of how it turned out.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

I ordered a GWM5600 with bracelett from tiktox.

Since i later wanted to use it as a beater i switched back to resin strap.

Anyhow, its a good combination of the positive display with the nice bracelett!
    Last edited by d2mac; June 28th, 2012 at 21:21.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I think it's better to wait for the GW-M5610BC. It has an updated module that is a slight improvement.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by thedudewatches View Post
    Anyone else done this? The M5600BC is a hard to find one and I already had the regular M5600 and the original band to it broke so I called Casio parts and ordered the band and spring rods (they're a tad skinnier I can tell, so I'm glad I ordered those too) from the BC model. They had some available but they weren't cheap but I got it anyway and I really like it. As far as compatibility it seems to fit fine but is the dimension of the watch head and fittings of the regular vs. the BC version exactly the same? Just trying to make sure it is indeed a truly compatible fit for this expensive watchband.
    Same bracelet on the GW-5000:

GW-6900:

and the GWM-5625:

All fit great!

HTH
    MDPlatts, waldoloko and Phreddo like this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

This new band is great! - see pics.

Now I wish I had a second GW-M5600 with the regular resin band for sports activities - I like having the band a little tighter so the watch doesn't move around while working out and find the rubber/resin band a tad more comfy when really active like playing sports/ working out. Maybe I will get a gwm5610. WHat is all the hype about that one. I looked it up, looks very similar. Is this one of them?:
    G-shock Gwm5610-1 | WellWatches.com ? not too pricey, i would consider getting that if the module is improved to my liking to justify changing what I am used to. How is the module improved?

Kind of considering buying just another m5600. Looks like the place I originally got the watch from still has some in stock - here: Black Casio G-Shock Solar Atomic Watch GWM5600-1 . ANyone know where to get a white M5600? (ZASKAR36?)

It's $109.00 now. When I bought it from them on 1/6/2010 it was $83.00! Same part # and everything, they just seem to have raised the price on it.

I paid $85.54 for the M5600BC band from Casio parts department direct. I paid more for the band than I did for the watch. haha. oh well. It is a great watch and a great, functional, seemingly tough, and stylish band.

Thanks for all the info, pics, and help guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thedudewatches View Post
    This new band is great! - see pics.

Now I wish I had a second GW-M5600 with the regular resin band for sports activities - I like having the band a little tighter so the watch doesn't move around while working out and find the rubber/resin band a tad more comfy when really active like playing sports/ working out. Maybe I will get a gwm5610. WHat is all the hype about that one. I looked it up, looks very similar. Is this one of them?:
    G-shock Gwm5610-1 | WellWatches.com ? not too pricey, i would consider getting that if the module is improved to my liking to justify changing what I am used to. How is the module improved?

Kind of considering buying just another m5600. Looks like the place I originally got the watch from still has some in stock - here: Black Casio G-Shock Solar Atomic Watch GWM5600-1 . ANyone know where to get a white M5600? (ZASKAR36?)

It's $109.00 now. When I bought it from them on 1/6/2010 it was $83.00! Same part # and everything, they just seem to have raised the price on it.

I paid $85.54 for the M5600BC band from Casio parts department direct. I paid more for the band than I did for the watch. haha. oh well. It is a great watch and a great, functional, seemingly tough, and stylish band.

Thanks for all the info, pics, and help guys.
    That looks GREAT!

The GWM5610 is Multiband 6 and has a 24hr CDT and Stopwatch. The M5600 is Multiband 5 with a 60min CDT.

I actually use the CDT quite a bit, so the 24hr feature is nice to have.

After hearing your comments, I think I might just get the black resin for my white GWM5600 and then wait to get a GWM5610BC w/ negative display.

Thread Information