GW-M5600BC Resin strap (not metal bracelet) anyone got one of these?

Thread: GW-M5600BC Resin strap (not metal bracelet) anyone got one of these?

GW-M5600BC Resin strap (not metal bracelet) anyone got one of these?

i have liked the GW-M5600BC-1ER for a long time, i like the black face but i do not like metal braclets/straps on watches and did not buy one because of this.

i have just found it with a plastic strap here http://www.tiktox.com/gwm5600bc-resin-p-2281.php (cannot get link to work please copy and paste)

(as opposed to the regular metal bracelet version (http://www.tiktox.com/gwm5600bc1er-p-2650.php)

i cannot find the plastic strap version anywhere else but this site, does anybody have one with a resin strap they can comment on?

Last edited by georgemason; December 30th, 2010 at 17:37.

Re: GW-M5600BC Resin strap (not metal bracelet) anyone got one of these?

I think the guy swapped out the bracelet for the standard strap and is selling it that way. I can't ever recall a xxxxBC watch that does not have a bracelet.

also the bracelet on the GW-M5600 is not entirely metal. it's a combination of resin and metal. composite in other words.

Yep, I've seen Keith @ Tiktox offering variants of watches in the past, as well as bundles with extra bezels/straps etc. He's a trusted guy on the forum and I've bought from him in the past.

For fit and finish, that would be exactly the same as a regular GW-M5600.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi!
    I have the GW5600BC with a resin strap. I bought it from Tiktox maybe 1.5 years ago.
    I think this is an awesome watch!! As many others have told, the negative displays is harder to to see compared to the positive ones, but I have the auto-illumination always kept on so it's not a big concern I think. Just make sure the watch gets some light from time to time so the battery doesn't drain out.
    When it comes to the bracelet version I have no personally experience, but I read many members here likes it alot for its great looking and comfortness.
    I think the resinstrap is very comfortable too so if you don't like bracelets, don't hesitate to get the resin-version.
    Good luck!
    /Peter

Quote Originally Posted by TimeToLive View Post
    Hi!
    I have the GW5600BC with a resin strap. I bought it from Tiktox maybe 1.5 years ago.
    I think this is an awesome watch!! As many others have told, the negative displays is harder to to see compared to the positive ones, but I have the auto-illumination always kept on so it's not a big concern I think. Just make sure the watch gets some light from time to time so the battery doesn't drain out.
    When it comes to the bracelet version I have no personally experience, but I read many members here likes it alot for its great looking and comfortness.
    I think the resinstrap is very comfortable too so if you don't like bracelets, don't hesitate to get the resin-version.
    Good luck!
    /Peter
    thank you so much, that is really useful information. is the watch in your picture the very same strap as the one on the tiktox website? if so i like it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by G-Junkie View Post
    I think the guy swapped out the bracelet for the standard strap and is selling it that way. I can't ever recall a xxxxBC watch that does not have a bracelet.

also the bracelet on the GW-M5600 is not entirely metal. it's a combination of resin and metal. composite in other words.
    thanks a lot

i really don't like the standard metal/resin composite bracelet at all, either aesthetically or for comfort in use (i tried it on before in a shop) so have been hoping for this full plastic strap version for a long time.

is resin what g-shock straps are usually made from, like on my G2900-1V? that is what i much prefer (even though it does get very dirty and scummy), i thought they were just plastic

i have been having a hard time choosing between this watch: GW-M5600BC with a resin strap and the DW5600MS-1. they both have the negative display that i like.

i much prefer the look of the DW5600MS-1 (the one with "1545" printed on the strap, even though i would prefer not to have that there lol, you can't have everything), it looks more subdued and is pure black which i prefer (the GW-M5600BC has like red writing where it say's "PROTECTION" and G-SHOCK", the DW5600MS-1 is just black there which i like better, and i think the DW5600MS-1 is cheaper but the 2 year battery puts me off (i love the 10 year battery on my G2900-1V, i've had it for many years and never had to change it, but want a slimmer watch and like these square ones with the negative display).

I know they are very different, with the DW5600MS-1 having a 2 year battery and the GW-M5600BC resin strap not needing a battery at all but i just can't choose. what do you guys think? do you know which one is slimmer? i love my G2900-1V, it's the best watch i have ever had but it's so darn thick i can't even wear some of my gloves with it on lol)

many thanks for all the superb information and help, this is one of the best and friendliest forums i've ever been on.

happy new year and thanks again

Yes I bought mine there so it must be the same.

cheers

Thread Information