What will change the fact that the clock is broken, if you know what's broken?
25 Ways to Ride a Dead Horse
- Stay on the horse.
- Switch riders
- Move the horse to a new location
- Buy a stronger whip
- Tighten the cinch
- Try a new bit or bridle
- Declare "God told us to ride this horse."
- Say things like "We've always ridden our horses this way."
- Visit other sites where they ride dead horses in different ways
- Complain about the state of the horses nowadays
- Blame the breading
- Appoint a committee to study the horse
- Develop training sessions to improve your riding ability
- Threaten the horse with termination
- Remind yourself that other camps ride this same kind of horse
- Determine that riders who don't stay on dead horses are lazy, lack drive, and have no ambition
- Lower the standards so that dead horses can be included
- Reclassify the horse as "living-impaired"
- Harness several dead horses together to increase the speed
- Confess boldly, "This horse is not dead, but alive!"
- Get the horse a Website
- Kill the other horses so the dead horse doesn't stand out
- Rewrite the expected performance requirements for all horses
- State that other horses reflect compromise
- Finally just remember all the good times you had while riding that horse
After you have concluded that the horse is dead the best thing to do is dismount.