GW-M5610BC-1ER vs GW-M5610BC-1JF

Thread: GW-M5610BC-1ER vs GW-M5610BC-1JF

lvt

I'm thinking about getting a 5610BC to wear from time to time with my winter clothes as the GW-9200 is a little thick.

What is the difference between those two watches ?

From what I can see they are quite similar, please let me know if I missed something

GW-M5610BC-1ER

Negative display, bracelet, 6-band atomic, module 3159.

GW-M5610BC-1JF

This is my second G purchase since 2010, I need a couple of photos of the display, the lume, the caseback and comments about the watch.

Thanks!
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Re: GW-M5610BC-1ER vs GW-M5610BC-1JF

I've been confused by this as well. the 1jf for the Japanese market and the 1eu for the European market by chance? Your guess is as good as mine.

Banned

Yeah, I would like to find out about this too. I already have and am wearing the GWM5610-1 with the positive LCD display and I love it. Mine gets the signal mostly every night now when I manually synch it. The manual synching works better on my watch than the automatic synching because I wear this watch 24/7 365 days a year and I live in an area where it's very hard for a watch to synch while it's sitting near a window facing west to Colorado or when I'm wearing the watch while sleeping at night.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a 5610BC to wear from time to time with my winter clothes as the GW-9200 is a little thick.

What is the difference between those two watches ?

From what I can see they are quite similar, please let me know if I missed something

GW-M5610BC-1ER

GW-M5610BC-1JF

This is my second G purchase since 2010, I need a couple of photos of the display, the lume, the caseback and comments about the watch.

Thanks!
    They are the same, except the Japanese domestic market version gets different packaging and Japanese manual.

Is the GW-M5610BC-1ER a European model then? I just assumed there would JUST be a Japan only model as these are hard to get. Why would Casio release a watch to it's local Japanese market and 1 other select market and not a worldwide release?

Quote Originally Posted by ggyy1276 View Post
    They are the same, except the Japanese domestic market version gets different packaging and Japanese manual.

Quote Originally Posted by tic-toc/g-shock View Post
    Is the GW-M5610BC-1ER a European model then? I just assumed there would JUST be a Japan only model as these are hard to get. Why would Casio release a watch to it's local Japanese market and 1 other select market and not a worldwide release?
    It seems to be a common practice, because Seiko, Citizen, and Orient are all doing the same thing.
    They probably have some business/marketing reasoning behind that, but to regular consumers now a days,
    these Japanese domestic market examples are simply a few more clicks/emails away, and cost a bit more.

lvt

Thanks, so they are in fact the same watch.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I got a feeling that they are all the same, one JDM(Japan) model n the other an ER( europe) or DR(asia) release thatz all... Which i quite don't really get it, does te JDM model really produce much higher quality product than those made in thailand/China? Finishes are just as good as it seems to me, and the module is from Japan which the caseback states.... Can anyone correct me on this?

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by derr1ck View Post
    I got a feeling that they are all the same, one JDM(Japan) model n the other an ER( europe) or DR(asia) release thatz all... Which i quite don't really get it, does te JDM model really produce much higher quality product than those made in thailand/China? Finishes are just as good as it seems to me, and the module is from Japan which the caseback states.... Can anyone correct me on this?

Both of the 1ER and 1JF are made in China.

Maybe like others say above, it's just about the manual / packaging.

Thread Information