GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and mods - Page 8
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and mods

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

Thanks, my pleasure kevio. Here's a shot of mine amongst most of his friends.

Name:  P6040916.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  1.61 MB

Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

Been lurking for over a year, love the watch for its specifications but not cosmetic. It's BnB is too sporty for my taste. Until recently I finally pulled a trigger. With band from GW-5000 and bezel from GW-M5610-1B, it instantly become one of my favorite. Low profile, crisp display and extremely light. Love it

Badger18, ethebull, kevio and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman View Post
    Been lurking for over a year, love the watch for its specifications but not cosmetic. It's BnB is too sporty for my taste. Until recently I finally pulled a trigger. With band from GW-5000 and bezel from GW-M5610-1B, it instantly become one of my favorite. Low profile, crisp display and extremely light. Love it
    Makes sense. For my needs, sport is what it is all about, though I wear it knocking about, going to social dance, and other stuff too, it has a specific focus for me
    Facelessman and memento_mori like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And the funny thing is, this is my only square G. All these posts of cringing at the bling and shiny... I don't have that point of reference. This thing, stock, looks totally utilitarian to me. No bs
    Last edited by ethebull; June 6th, 2019 at 01:58.

I don't think this looks ostentatious, do you? It looks diminutive compared to nearly every non-square-g. The shiny carbon has a solid purpose, and it hardly jumps out at the casual observer. I'm happy it's there, and that's what counts.

Name:  P6040918.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  955.8 KB

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by ethebull; June 5th, 2019 at 08:23.

Apologies if my previous post somehow misleading. There is nothing wrong with original band or bezel. It just my personal preference. All of my squares are equipped with black band and bezel. Just like I love to wear t-shirt more than polo shirt.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman View Post
    Apologies if my previous post somehow misleading. There is nothing wrong with original band or bezel. It just my personal preference. All of my squares are equipped with black band and bezel. Just like I love to wear t-shirt more than polo shirt.

Cheers
    Facelessman, no worries. I'm a t-shirt guy more often than not too. I just find it amusing that we all get so wrapped up in our micro views. Take a look at the last photo I posted. You and anyone looking at this thread are HYPER aware of the infinitesimal differences amongst these upper midline squares, to the point of losing the forest in the trees. It is comical.
    Facelessman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
    I don't think this looks ostentatious, do you? It looks diminutive compared to nearly every non-square-g. The shiny carbon has a solid purpose, and it hardly jumps out at the casual observer. I'm happy it's there, and that's what counts.

Name:  P6040918.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  955.8 KB

Am I missing something?
    I wholly agree, ethebull. At first, I swapped out the carbon resin for standard resin but quickly swapped back. I now have it on a regular bezel and the carbon strap. The strap is part of what makes the S5600 unique among squares.
    ethebull and memento_mori like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

I just received a pm asking me why in hell would I put a set of bullbars on a watch that cost double the default best bang options when the only reason to purchase said watch would be to save a few grams.

Oh ....! I will remove them immediately!!

Quote Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
    I just received a pm asking me why in hell would I put a set of bullbars on a watch that cost double the default best bang options when the only reason to purchase said watch would be to save a few grams.

Oh ....! I will remove them immediately!!
    Eh, I say you do you. Embrace the bullbars!
    memento_mori likes this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information