GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and mods - Page 8
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and mods

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 96
  1. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    115

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Thanks, my pleasure kevio. Here's a shot of mine amongst most of his friends.

    Name:  P6040916.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  1.61 MB

  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Been lurking for over a year, love the watch for its specifications but not cosmetic. It's BnB is too sporty for my taste. Until recently I finally pulled a trigger. With band from GW-5000 and bezel from GW-M5610-1B, it instantly become one of my favorite. Low profile, crisp display and extremely light. Love it

    Badger18, ethebull, kevio and 5 others like this.

  3. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    115

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman View Post
    Been lurking for over a year, love the watch for its specifications but not cosmetic. It's BnB is too sporty for my taste. Until recently I finally pulled a trigger. With band from GW-5000 and bezel from GW-M5610-1B, it instantly become one of my favorite. Low profile, crisp display and extremely light. Love it
    Makes sense. For my needs, sport is what it is all about, though I wear it knocking about, going to social dance, and other stuff too, it has a specific focus for me
    Facelessman and memento_mori like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    115

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    And the funny thing is, this is my only square G. All these posts of cringing at the bling and shiny... I don't have that point of reference. This thing, stock, looks totally utilitarian to me. No bs
    Last edited by ethebull; June 6th, 2019 at 01:58.

  6. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    115

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    I don't think this looks ostentatious, do you? It looks diminutive compared to nearly every non-square-g. The shiny carbon has a solid purpose, and it hardly jumps out at the casual observer. I'm happy it's there, and that's what counts.

    Name:  P6040918.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  955.8 KB

    Am I missing something?
    Last edited by ethebull; June 5th, 2019 at 08:23.

  7. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Apologies if my previous post somehow misleading. There is nothing wrong with original band or bezel. It just my personal preference. All of my squares are equipped with black band and bezel. Just like I love to wear t-shirt more than polo shirt.

    Cheers

  8. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    115

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman View Post
    Apologies if my previous post somehow misleading. There is nothing wrong with original band or bezel. It just my personal preference. All of my squares are equipped with black band and bezel. Just like I love to wear t-shirt more than polo shirt.

    Cheers
    Facelessman, no worries. I'm a t-shirt guy more often than not too. I just find it amusing that we all get so wrapped up in our micro views. Take a look at the last photo I posted. You and anyone looking at this thread are HYPER aware of the infinitesimal differences amongst these upper midline squares, to the point of losing the forest in the trees. It is comical.
    Facelessman likes this.

  9. #78
    Member Ottovonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,705

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Quote Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
    I don't think this looks ostentatious, do you? It looks diminutive compared to nearly every non-square-g. The shiny carbon has a solid purpose, and it hardly jumps out at the casual observer. I'm happy it's there, and that's what counts.

    Name:  P6040918.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  955.8 KB

    Am I missing something?
    I wholly agree, ethebull. At first, I swapped out the carbon resin for standard resin but quickly swapped back. I now have it on a regular bezel and the carbon strap. The strap is part of what makes the S5600 unique among squares.
    ethebull and memento_mori like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

    View my collection **here**

    View my feedback by clicking **here**

    Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

    Otto

  10. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    115

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    I just received a pm asking me why in hell would I put a set of bullbars on a watch that cost double the default best bang options when the only reason to purchase said watch would be to save a few grams.

    Oh ....! I will remove them immediately!!

  11. #80
    Member Ottovonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,705

    Re: GW-S5600-1JF "Featherlight Square" Appreciation thread! Please share user experiences, pics and

    Quote Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
    I just received a pm asking me why in hell would I put a set of bullbars on a watch that cost double the default best bang options when the only reason to purchase said watch would be to save a few grams.

    Oh ....! I will remove them immediately!!
    Eh, I say you do you. Embrace the bullbars!
    memento_mori likes this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

    View my collection **here**

    View my feedback by clicking **here**

    Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

    Otto

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. RM series - GW-S5600-1JF & GW-S5600B-1JF update
      By opc in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 90
      Last Post: March 7th, 2012, 15:30
    2. G-Shock Pricing (GW-S5600-1JF)
      By K10 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: January 13th, 2011, 21:28
    3. Replies: 28
      Last Post: July 29th, 2010, 02:44
    4. ** SOLD ** FS: Casio GW-S5600-1JF (limited edition carbon fiber strap) -- PRICE REDUCED
      By DavidSeattleWA in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: July 9th, 2010, 20:48
    5. Casio G shock GW-S5600-1JF Carbon Fiber Insert Band MULTI BAND 6 Limited Edition Watch
      By rahul.creationwatches in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 5th, 2010, 11:46

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •