Gw-s5600 - A few questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lukemeetze

Thread: Gw-s5600 - A few questions

Gw-s5600 - A few questions

Hi, my first post here so thanks for having me.

I've just bought a new Gw-s5600 Carbon and wanted to clarify a few things.

Firstly I hear it's the lightest G out there 👍 which is cool. I just wanted to know, is the strap buckle and buttons on this also titanium, I've read this somewhere but wondering if anyone can confirm?

Also, that transparent bezel - after taking a shower after my run this lunchtime I noticed you can see water residue underneath both the main bezel frame and the strap parts, I'm assuming this is normal?

Thanks in advance folks :)

Re: Gw-s5600 - A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by daveb73 View Post
    Hi, my first post here so thanks for having me.

I've just bought a new Gw-s5600 Carbon and wanted to clarify a few things.

Firstly I hear it's the lightest G out there 👍 which is cool. I just wanted to know, is the strap buckle and buttons on this also titanium, I've read this somewhere but wondering if anyone can confirm?

Also, that transparent bezel - after taking a shower after my run this lunchtime I noticed you can see water residue underneath both the main bezel frame and the strap parts, I'm assuming this is normal?

Thanks in advance folks :)
    Water under the bezel is normal. You usually don't see it because most bezels aren't clear. Buttons and screws are titanium. I'm not sure about the buckle. I actually contacted casio usa to ask and was informed that it is not. I'm not certain they even know though to be honest. I can say that casio buckles are slightly magnetic and the gw-s5600 buckle is not magnetic. It also scratches very easily. Both of these things make me assume its titanium.

Thanks lukemeetze

It's odd as the buttons look and feel very 'stainless steel' whereas the buckle looks more matt, especially on the back (compared to my gw-5000).

The titanium back is a lot less cold to the touch than the other metal parts too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Gw-s5600 - A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by daveb73 View Post
    Thanks lukemeetze

It's odd as the buttons look and feel very 'stainless steel' whereas the buckle looks more matt, especially on the back (compared to my gw-5000).

The titanium back is a lot less cold to the touch than the other metal parts too.
    They do look and feel stainless but they aren't. That's why they command the price point they do on pacparts. Also interesting detail is all button parts are non magnetic. Those buttons use different springs and the little button washers then the standard buttons. Standard springs and washers are magnetic.
    GaryK30 likes this.

Thread Information