GW-T5030 seriously?
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: GW-T5030 seriously?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GW-T5030 seriously?

Let me start by saying I Love Casios. I have a bunch of them and am very happy with them, but this watch seems a bit inflated price wise. Am I missing something, or is a _ / *** series engraved back worth 15 times the amount of a normal G? Are there any extra features, or is Casio just cashing in on collectors? I understand that people will pay $xxx for what they love, but it seems like Casio is just taking the piss this time.

Its almost as though they sold the GW5000 for big $, and then they thought they would push it a bit further and see just how much collectors will pay.

Do any of you wear your T5030s? I know I wouldn't at that price! Curious to hear all your thoughts on this subject as serious Casio fans.
    7cardcha and Reloko like this.

Re: GW-T5030 seriously?

Of course it's inflated, that's why it's a limited edition. Is it worth that much more than a regular GW-5000, of course not. But if you want one that's what you had to pay. I wore mine almost daily since mid May. But I'm trying to become a one watch guy and the t5030 just didn't work in formal occasions. It comes with a porter bag I believe for cameras but I've never used it. Although since getting this one I have purchased some other porter bags. Porter is pretty expensive the bag is probably worth like 150 retail but I don't think anyone really cares about it.

If I can afford one, I might buy one. Its an anniversary numbered limited release in titanium. Very hard to find. All that sums up to $$$$ I think.
    seiko · orient · citizen · casio · timex · rolex · omega · victorinox · apple watch

Children need your help. Please share your blessings...
    GiveDirect -
    https://www.givedirectly.org/
    UNICEF - http://
    www.unicefusa.org
    CARITAS -
    http://www.caritas.org/
    NO KID HUNGRY -
    http://www.nokidhungry.org/
    Save The Children - http://www.savethechildren.org/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is also titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    Of course it's inflated, that's why it's a limited edition. Is it worth that much more than a regular GW-5000, of course not. But if you want one that's what you had to pay. I wore mine almost daily since mid May. But I'm trying to become a one watch guy and the t5030 just didn't work in formal occasions. It comes with a porter bag I believe for cameras but I've never used it. Although since getting this one I have purchased some other porter bags. Porter is pretty expensive the bag is probably worth like 150 retail but I don't think anyone really cares about it.
    Off topic:

Curious as to what's your "one" watch now. Is it the Citizen Chronomaster? That's a nice piece.

On topic:

I own two GW-5000's and I think they're worth the price tag. I could purchase the GW-t5030, but at 1k+ I'd rather save for a nice mechanical piece or get a Frogman + Rangeman and pocket the leftover cash.

If Casio made an upgraded GW-5000 with a titanium caseback and loud alarm for 300-500, I'd pull the trigger immediately. Oh and adjustable EL light settings.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

^ Yeah citizen chronomaster. if they announce something interesting at Basel I might change it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    ^ Yeah citizen chronomaster. if they announce something interesting at Basel I might change it up.
    Arguably the best looking Citizen. It reminds me of the Grand Seiko. The blue dialed one is the best, but I think it's discontinued. :(
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

^yeah it did get discontinued I could only find it used but I got a really good price. I think next year is a citizen chronomaster anniversary so I'm curious to see what they'll release.

After originally thinking that the GW-5000 was grossly overpriced and stating that I would never buy a digital Casio for 3-400$, and later buying and loving that watch and wondering how great it is to be able to get such a watch for that price, I have decided not to underestimate the the power of the G :)

I do not have a GW-T5030 but I am sure that if I get to met one in person, I would surely try to buy one lol.

I am really fortunate that my wife apparently thinks that all my squares are basically the same watch, so I would possibly actually get away with getting a GW-T5030 one day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo96706 View Post
    It is also titanium.
    Titanium isn't very expensive though. Only costs them a few dollars extra.
    JusticeG likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information