Gw056a

Thread: Gw056a

Gw056a

hi guys,

dekaffe here (new account). just wondering if anybody owns this g-shock? If so, what colour/where did you get it from/ price?

i really like this watch, was thinking of getting a 5600, but this one looks ALOT better.

thanks alot

Wink Re: Gw056a

Hi Dekaff,

good to hear from you, although other name:-D. Although the DW-5600 clones rarely moves me, I have seen the red version on G-Shock Europe. I found it great, but at the moment I'm totally broke (just payed three months of our family health insurance... I could have probably bought 2 Brazallians for that). Also the PRW-1100 will be released soon, which I very much want to have.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Gw056a

What other colors is the GW056A available in? I can only find links to the black/silver version. Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just received a GW-056 yesterday. It's the black with silver trim version. My digital camera was loaned out to a friend, but when it comes back later this week I'll post some pics.

I've got a couple DW5600's that I really like, and that form factor is by far my favorite. I have a GW-500 that I like as well, and love the Atomic and Solar features, but sorely missed the countdown timer. I found myself reverting to the 5600's and not wearing the GW-500 for just that reason.

When I saw the GW-056, I figured that was the best of both worlds. So far it has met my expectations. I wish the alarm was a bit louder. And the buttons are not quite as easy to operate as the 5600 line, but they work well enough that it isn't too much of an issue. I like the retro looks.

The auto backlight feature is pretty neat, and easy to turn on and off. The instruction manual was in Japanese, but the watch operates in a close enough manner to the GW-500 that I figured everything out.

The band is wider than the 5600 series and for me, quite a bit more comfortable in comparison.

I don't know if there is any difference in quality for the ones made in Japan compared to those I've seen on eBay that are made in Thailand. Anyone know why the Japanese versions sell for more?

Question Re: Gw056a

Do you position the GW056A the same as other atomics to receive the time calibration signal (face up with the 12 o'clock side facing towards the window)?

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

RED:-X

Quote Originally Posted by dh0licious
    hi guys,

dekaffe here (new account). just wondering if anybody owns this g-shock? If so, what colour/where did you get it from/ price?

i really like this watch, was thinking of getting a 5600, but this one looks ALOT better.

thanks alot
    http://www.casiojv.com/series.php?series_id=GT0002

This place seems to have all the variations. I just ordered the G-056B-2V. It was approximately $82 US plus shipping. Found the link at G-Peopleland.

I've seen the silver face version of GW056A on casiosalesandservice.com. It is thinner than the DW5600 and is atomic solar.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ
    http://www.casiojv.com/series.php?series_id=GT0002

This place seems to have all the variations. I just ordered the G-056B-2V. It was approximately $82 US plus shipping. Found the link at G-Peopleland.

Thread Information