GW1500A-1AV or AWG100-1A?

Thread: GW1500A-1AV or AWG100-1A?

GW1500A-1AV or AWG100-1A?

Hey, I'm new to the forum but was wondering which watch you thought I should get? I really want a digi/analogue combi, I don't want to pay too much for it (under $150) , and I want a a pretty bright light. I'm also worried that both these watches will be a bit chunky as I have pretty small wrists. Also how good are the tough solars on these things? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!
    Pablo

Re: GW1500A-1AV or AWG100-1A?

First, let me welcome you to the fourms, you'll find all you could ever want to know and more about g's here. Second, the tough solar is great, but even better is the atomic capabilities. Since both these watches have both these technologies, you can't go wrong with either. So it really comes down to which style you prefer more, and I like the AWG100 more. Just a word to the wise, the painted lume on the analog hands is usually pretty bad on these analog G's, so if you're a lume freak like some of us over at the dive forum, you might want to think twice about these. If not, go for it.

And remember, it's not "which one should I get," it's "which one should I get first!"
    Regards,
    Hugh

Current Collection:
    Sinn U1 - Seiko SBBN007 - Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT - Tissot Seastar 1000
    G-shock DW5025B-7V - G-shock GW700BDJ-2

Outgoing:
    G-shock GW5525A-1 G-shock DW5600R-3JF

Why does everybody insist on complaining about the lume on G's? From my experience, it is no worse than the lume on any other watch with the same area on the hands and/or markers. I agree it does not compare to a Seiko monster diver, but those hands have 3-4 times the area, so it will obviously be brighter.

Just look at my signature, I have plenty of watches to perform the comparison with. Remember, lume brightness is primarily a function of area. Therefore, big hands will be brighter.

I'll now get off my soap box!
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cheers for the answer henxing, however I am currently living in South Korea and then New Zealand next year so the atomic time things doesn't rate that highly. Do the tough solars need a lot of charging?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo12 View Post
    Cheers for the answer henxing, however I am currently living in South Korea and then New Zealand next year so the atomic time things doesn't rate that highly. Do the tough solars need a lot of charging?
    Well the atomic signal would be much stronger in South Korea, due to the proximity to the towers in Japan. You'd even be able to sync to the Chinese signal, if you wanted to. New Zealand would be much more challenging, although I've heard of cases where they were able to sync.

The whole idea of the solar function is to "wear them and forget them". Once you get the battery up to the "H" level, you really need to give it only about 5 minutes of direct sunlight (or equivalent) to maintain "normal" daily functions. If you turn the power save mode on, you could keep it running in a box for up to 5 months without further charging.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo12 View Post
    I am currently living in South Korea and then New Zealand next year so the atomic time things doesn't rate that highly.

Enzed would usu suck for sync mate. Believe me...

But who cares?! You're gonna be living in Aoteroa, (that means paradise in Maori btw...lol). Have a good one and luv to my people when you get there mate!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Enzed would usu suck for sync mate. Believe me...

But who cares?! You're gonna be living in Aoteroa, (that means paradise in Maori btw...lol). Have a good one and luv to my people when you get there mate!

I was wondering about the "kiwi" part, but I guess now I know!

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I was wondering about the "kiwi" part, but I guess now I know!

Yanoit Benny, this kiwi is for real, 100% born and bred. From the Land of the Long White Cloud. But now in the Land of the Rising Gs...

Last edited by kiwidj; December 18th, 2008 at 07:08.

Thread Information