GW225E not a popular Frog?

Thread: GW225E not a popular Frog?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24

    GW225E not a popular Frog?

    Just wonder why there is not much discussion on the anniversary GW225E frogman. Besides the trendy white color (discussed in other thread), any disadvantage on this particular design compared to other frogs? Not many shop carry this model and manage to find one. May buy this evening. Any feedback is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member Bogeyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    The only disadvantage I could see is its tendency to turn yellow over time (a flaw of the clear colored resin). But that can easily be remedied with a dye job.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

    Sucks to be without a G.

  3. #3
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEden View Post
    Just wonder why there is not much discussion on the anniversary GW225E frogman. Besides the trendy white color (discussed in other thread), any disadvantage on this particular design compared to other frogs? Not many shop carry this model and manage to find one. May buy this evening. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Probably because this watch was still relatively easy to find until it was discontinued just recently. I personally like it, and I know of at least a few other members on the forum who also have it. Hopefully they will chime in to give you some thoughts on it as well.

    Hope you post some pics if you end up getting it!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    thank you very much for the fast reply.
    will take a look and see if it's too trendy for me

  6. #5
    Member psikat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    B'ham, UK
    Posts
    602

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    I am counting on this Frog to convert me into a Frog-man. The TC Frogman didn't not do the trick.

    I think the translucent strap and bezel go very well with the gold case, at least in the pics. I will post some feedback once it arrives.

  7. #6
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEden View Post
    thank you very much for the fast reply.
    will take a look and see if it's too trendy for me
    I don't think it is exactly "trendy" but it all depends on what type of style you are looking for.

  8. #7
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    Quote Originally Posted by psikat View Post
    I am counting on this Frog to convert me into a Frog-man. The TC Frogman didn't not do the trick.

    I think the translucent strap and bezel go very well with the gold case, at least in the pics. I will post some feedback once it arrives.
    The weird thing about the gold is that it kind of makes the bezel/band look like it is yellowing before its time.

  9. #8
    Member sl8763's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Airdrie, AB
    Posts
    2,004

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    The translucent white thing isn't for everyone, nor is the gold color scheme of the case and the module itself.

    That being said, I love mine (albeit in dyed form)
    Simon

    WTB - More wrists

  10. #9
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    The translucent white thing isn't for everyone, nor is the gold color scheme of the case and the module itself.

    That being said, I love mine (albeit in dyed form)
    I like mine, too (not dyed).

  11. #10
    Member JERSTERCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    French Valley CA
    Posts
    7,032

    Re: GW225E not a popular Frog?

    This one of the most unique Frogs in my opinon you can see the gold ti case through the bezel I dont think that makes it look like its yellowing at all. also get it wet and the bezel is almost transparent and the gold even looks better. all resin straps deteriate over time. If or when mine turns I will have a dye project. check out Sjors photos on his site. his GG photos are awsome. It might not be for everybody but thats what variety is all about, otherwise all Gs wold be just black. I have lots of black Gs.


    Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •