GW2310-1 - Does Time display in Count Down Timer and Stop Watch mode?

Thread: GW2310-1 - Does Time display in Count Down Timer and Stop Watch mode?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW2310-1 - Does Time display in Count Down Timer and Stop Watch mode?

One of my pet peeves against the newer G-shock modules is most of them don't display the time when either the stop watch or count down timer is visible.

My old first GW300 has three lines of digits so when it's in stop watch mode the bottom most line switches to time display so you can see both time and the stop watch at the same time. Unfortunately, this model does not have the count down timer.

Noticed the GW2310 has three lines of digits so I was wondering if Casio brought back the feature I'm looking for.

Please chime in if you have some info to share.:)

Re: GW2310-1 - Does Time display in Count Down Timer and Stop Watch mode?

Unfortunately not. Most of the newer models don't show time in timer or stopwatch mode - especially the solar/atomics. There are a few exceptions:
    - GW-9200 shows time in stopwatch, timer, alarm, and worldtime-mode
    - GWX-5600 shows time in timer, alarm and stopwatch mode but has only a 60min stopwatch
    - ana-digis of course show time in every mode (e.g. GW-2500, GA-100, GA-110, etc.)
    I wish Casio would make more watches that show time in timer and stopwatch mode, 'cause I'm a big fan of that.
    Here some models you might wanna check out if you like that feature:
    - G-8000
    - SGW-100
    - SGW-300
    - maybe the "cheapo" DB-36 or DB-37
    - DW-5600
    - DW-6900
    - Pathfinders/Protreks

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

lvt

I found that it's very useful to have the current time while using chrono / timer functions.

Only a few of G-shocks offer this feature, an ana-digit is a good alternative but sometimes the hour/minute hands make the reading a bit difficult.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the responses.

Bummer that Casio has not implemented that feature on more modules. My 10 year old GW300 has it but no count down timer. Strangely, I think the old G-shock module is one of the better ones since the digits are large and easy to read, plus the time display as mentioned. Oh well.

Yes, the lack of that feature is one of the reasons I started buying outside the G-Shock range. Many of the cheaper models have actually better modules. Currently I'm wearing my SGW-300 which shows current time in every mode and has one of the crispest displays ever. I also ordered a DB-37 which also shows time in every mode except databank-mode and has a 24 hr stopwatch/timer. I also like the W-S200 but it only shows time in alarm and timer mode, not in stopwatch mode (only as long as the stopwatch isn't started yet).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Unfortunately not. Most of the newer models don't show time in timer or stopwatch mode - especially the solar/atomics. There are a few exceptions:
    - GW-9200 shows time in stopwatch, timer, alarm, and worldtime-mode
    - GWX-5600 shows time in timer, alarm and stopwatch mode but has only a 60min stopwatch
    - ana-digis of course show time in every mode (e.g. GW-2500, GA-100, GA-110, etc.)
    I wish Casio would make more watches that show time in timer and stopwatch mode, 'cause I'm a big fan of that.
    Here some models you might wanna check out if you like that feature:
    - G-8000
    - SGW-100
    - SGW-300
    - maybe the "cheapo" DB-36 or DB-37
    - DW-5600
    - DW-6900
    - Pathfinders/Protreks

Greetings, Sedi
    Also the DW-9000, DW-9052 and G-9000.

Question Re: GW2310-1 - Does Time display in Count Down Timer and Stop Watch mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Also the DW-9000, DW-9052 and G-9000.
    Actually these don't really count, at least not in my book.

The G-9000 (and the others too I think) show the time when you first go into the stopwatch mode. But as soon as you hit start the time goes away (I think to disply the stopwatch hours).

So you can not use the stopwatch and see the time at the same time.

Another feature to look for that I have on a watch (not a G). It shows the time in count down timer mode, and I can set the count down timer to count down, then count up. So, I set the count down time to 1 sec. then it counts up like a stopwatch and I can see the time.

Any one know of any G's with a count down/count up timer on a watch that shows time in CDT mode???

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Any one know of any G's with a count down/count up timer on a watch that shows time in CDT mode???
    my MTG-911 (MI:3 special edition) has a 60min. CDT with countup feature, that shows current time.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    The DW-6600 has the "target timer", similar to I think the MTG-911 function described above. You can set a CDT (60min max) and when it reaches 0, it starts the stopwatch.

Not exactly - the target time feature on the DW-6600 always counts up and works just like a normal stopwatch - but you can set the target time and then it beeps when it reaches the time. But it doesn't show current time in stopwatch mode. The GL-7500 and also the G-7500 have a count-up feature but the timer runs only for up to 60 min - then it counts up to 100hrs which is actually more than the normal stopwatch on the G(L)-7500. It does show current time in timer mode but not in stopwatch-mode but you can use the timer as a kind of stopwatch with a pre-start countdown when you set the timer to 1 min.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information