GW2310FB-1CR bezel replacement

Thread: GW2310FB-1CR bezel replacement

Question GW2310FB-1CR bezel replacement

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone know what model bezels are compatible with the GW2310FB-1CR. The only website i can think of is Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. for the original bezel and they don't have them in stock. Debating if I should keep this watch given i can't find replacement parts for it already and it is new.

thanks

Re: GW2310FB-1CR bezel replacement

1) Welcome to WUS!

2) Pacparts doesn't like to gamble with their own money, investing in parts that may or may not sell. "Not in stock, usually ships in 1-2 weeks" means just that -- you order it from them, they put in their weekly (or twice weekly) order to Casio, they get the part and then they mail it to you. "Not in stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer" means that too, but in my experience it generally means that they can get the part, but it might take longer than 1-2 weeks. The only time you have to worry about a part is when it says "DISCONTINUED" in big, red letters.

3) Which bezel are you trying to replace? The outer bezel from any other GW-2310 should fit, along with the GW-2300 solar atomics and the G-2300 solar models. I BELIEVE the inner bezels are all interchangeable as well, and have no reason to believe that they're not, but I haven't seen many threads where people have swapped inner bezels.

g-2300

plenty of them at pacparts

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys so I will look into GW/G 2300 bezels as a replacement. It is for the outer bezel. The watch is new but I always like to have a spare bezel around in case it gets damaged down the road. I just checked and it looks like it is listed as Not in stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer. I find lots of bezels for other models on Ebay but nothing for this model.
    Last edited by jetspeedz; December 19th, 2014 at 22:43.

Totally understandable, and you're certainly not the first G-Shock fan to keep spare parts on hand!

I just wish PacParts would put a disclaimer or something on their website about WHY so many of their parts say "out of stock" -- that question comes up on this subforum two or three times a month. If the same question is being asked on the "ABC/Digital" forum, other watch forums, and by all of the people out there who don't use watch forums at all, they're potentially losing a LOT of business.

Good to know I'm not the only one who plans to keep this watch for a while and stocks spares :).

I agree with you Mike, it would certainly help them if they at least stocked 1-2 units on the more popular models. I understand they want to keep overhead low but a couple hundred dollars in stock shouldn't be a deal breaker for the main West coast parts supplier listed on Casios website. I should have searched first before asking b/c I'm sure as you pointed out I'm not the only one asking.

Cheers

Thread Information