GW2500 - not going past M charge
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GW2500 - not going past M charge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW2500 - not going past M charge

I have a couple GW2500 watches. One is a GW2500B (grey bezel, regular LCD) that I bought in 2009 and doing just fine on the original battery. The other is a GW2500-1A (silver bezel, inverted LCD) that I bought in 2011 and has went dead on me. I just replaced the battery in it and got the watch going again, but I've had it under the brightest lamp I have for the last 3 days and I can't get it past M charge. The 2500B gets worn enough when I'm not wearing my Apple watch that it never gets off H, but the 2500-1A is giving me fits. If I remember right, this watch was doing the same thing before I put it up and just wore the other one full time before I got my Apple and switch back and forth depending on my activity.

How long does it take to get these to a full charge and if it still doesn't get to a full charge, what could be the issue?
    Mr Auto likes this.

Re: GW2500 - not going past M charge

Quote Originally Posted by arvetus View Post
    I have a couple GW2500 watches. One is a GW2500B (grey bezel, regular LCD) that I bought in 2009 and doing just fine on the original battery. The other is a GW2500-1A (silver bezel, inverted LCD) that I bought in 2011 and has went dead on me. I just replaced the battery in it and got the watch going again, but I've had it under the brightest lamp I have for the last 3 days and I can't get it past M charge. The 2500B gets worn enough when I'm not wearing my Apple watch that it never gets off H, but the 2500-1A is giving me fits. If I remember right, this watch was doing the same thing before I put it up and just wore the other one full time before I got my Apple and switch back and forth depending on my activity.

How long does it take to get these to a full charge and if it still doesn't get to a full charge, what could be the issue?
    it takes a while, longer if you're using artificial light. Leave it by a window the UV rays from natural sunlight will do the job twice as fast.

mine took nearly 3 weeks to go from "M" to "H" left on the windowsill, but it's winter here in the UK so were not getting that much sun.

It could be shorter (or longer) for you depending on where you are

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr Auto; 1 Week Ago at 21:23.
    babyivan likes this.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info!
    I'm in TX USA, so we are getting a bit more sun, but it's winter here as well (or as close as you can get to it - HA!) so it's a gamble. We get a bit more sun than you in winter, but it's still like rolling dice as to what it's going to be on a given day. Not like summer where it's ALWAYS hot and sunny.
    It hasn't sync'ed with the time signal yet either since the reset, so maybe once I get it charged up it will start sync'ing.

I've been known to strap my g-shocks to the luggage rack of my SUV during the day to try and charge them up, so I may do that next week for a few days. No one can see them up there, so they aren't really at much risk of getting taken :)

When I replaced the battery, the whole movement came dislodged in the case, so it took me a bit of finagling to get the dial, movement and plastic protector all lined up and properly seated in the case and aligned with the buttons. I hoped I didn't dislodge or mess up the solar cell...I don't know where it's at on the watch face, but everything else is functioning fine....light, watch functions, buttons, etc.
    Last edited by arvetus; 1 Week Ago at 15:55.
    babyivan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A couple of things:

1. Not saying this is your watch, but I have noticed that some solar G-shocks do have a weird habit of going from H to M very quickly and staying on M regardless of how much sun you give them, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you still have the same issue after you fully charge your battery. I had a GW225 like this and I've just learned to live with it.

2. Solar cells have a maximum output, and the maximum output of the solar cell on the G-Shock is pretty small. So just remember that after a certain point, it doesn't matter how much light is shining on the face of the watch - it can only put out so much. So definitely give it some time, regardless of how bright it is.

It once took one of my 9400s months to stagger up from M to H on a sunny windowsill.

Winter here in Vancouver BC, and using a coolfire charger to top up my solar watches.....

On Amazon, for under $30CAN.
    Dxnnis and ven like this.
    I have been trying reaallllly hard to keep it below 20, but have just given up now.
    Watches - to many
    Brand - lots

Sunlit window, and forget about it for 4-6 weeks. It can take quite a while if had been drained. And important, don’t start messing with it ( & draining the battery) in the interim ie just let it continue to soak up the sun.
    Mr Auto and Dxnnis like this.
    Life is short. Enjoy the ride!

@arvetus

One other thing to note is that even if it shows H, it might have only just tipped over into that section of the charge from M, i.e. you should continue to let it charge so it reaches the "top" of the H level.
    ven, StephenWatch, Dxnnis and 1 others like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

forget the lamp, its like trying to fill an ocean with just a can of sprite and your dingaling :p even a cloudy day will charge way faster. look up the manual for that module, it will have a table for charging times, direct sunlight is always the fastest by far.
    also remember the medium section of charge is usually the biggest so it will take the longest to "fill" and go up to H (or down to L)
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Yeah, the lamp is lame, like pissing thru a straw.

Put it on a sunny windowsill for a few weeks. Works for me...

One of 4 Window sills with solars catching rays:

Some of these ^^^ are over 21 years old, still on original battery, running normally on a full H charge.
    The original Tough Solar G-Shock was released in 1998 (Raysman). Mine still work as new, on H charge level. So is my GW-2500B:

Last edited by yankeexpress; 1 Week Ago at 09:16.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information