GW3000M vs GW3000D Help me pick!
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: GW3000M vs GW3000D Help me pick!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rolling eyes GW3000M vs GW3000D Help me pick!

Hello, I will add some photos when I get back home from work. I have both of these models, but wanna sell one of them so that I can put some money on it and buy me an MT-G S1000D as well.

It's a saddening situation and I've been thinking about it almost daily for the past few weeks. I like both in some aspect and they work well with both the resin or the metal strap as I have been interchanging them quite often lately to help me make up my mind. Maybe I'm just having an age crysis but don't know which will serv me best at my age.

I'm a 28 year old guy and dress casual-sport most of the times, unless the ocasion requires, so this is how I see them apart from the specs:

GW3000M - fun, full of life in both combo straps, a heavy colorful combo that inspires summer and being active (has a really tiny point at 5-oclock on the glass otherwise impecable)
    GW3000D - a more sober model, sleek, with a lot of details that could go unnoticed to the untrained eye (the bezel has distanced itself from the glass a bit more compared to the other model and it's more beaten and scratched while the colors on the hour/minute/second hands have turned from orange to yellow, this might be just my model or I'm not sure how it came to be this way, but they're both original as they turn to power saving mode when I put them in a dark place and can hear the motors working when setting them up and all that)

What do you guys think? What would you wear age appropriate or not. My girlfriend keeps telling me to keep the GW3000M with the metal armband and a black silicone strap that I have and sell the dark GW3000D with the orange silicone strap which brings it a bit more to life as well. But to me they both have their perks

Edit: Updated with real pictures. Right now the bands are swapped, the GW3000D has the orange silicone band and the GW3000M has the metal band. Really wanna thank everyone for the feedback and being so friendly

By the way, the 4th picture, the money that I'm gonna put on top of the ones I will obtain from my GW3000D will come from another G-Shock I'm going to sell, an MT-G 1100 that sadly seems too small for my hand (i'm athletic fit 1.9m, 100kg) and don't really like small to medium sized watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by cRookie; August 9th, 2017 at 16:03. Reason: pics

Re: GW3000M vs GW3000D Help me pick!

Well, I much prefer the "M", but I'm not a major fan of metal bracelets as for me they are hard to get a comfortable fit with. The "D" is nice looking, but a bit more restrained I guess.

Can you post pictures of your watches?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    ocddave and cRookie like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

cRookie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

you can get opinions either way, but ultimately its up to you and your heart,

or option B

cRookie likes this.
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'd keep the M. The way I see it, the MT-G you plan to buy will effectively replace the D. That will be your go-to watch if you want a more restrained, sober, metal look and will render the D obsolete. You will keep using the M as a fun watch.

These are just my two cents. Similar to you, being a 31 yo male, I also have a "nice" watch and a "fun" watch, but would never have SS strap for the fun watch. Also, congratulations on your choices, all look very stylish and the MT-G is simply a beast.
    cRookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cRookie View Post

Maybe I'm just having an age crysis but don't know which will serv me best at my age.

I'm a 28 year old guy...
    Just curious - what the hell does your age have anything to do with your choice??? My age begins with a '5', and has no influence at all in the style of watch I wear (apart from having over 40 years experience in choosing and buying watches)...
    Last edited by StephenWatch; August 9th, 2017 at 12:15.
    Steelerswit likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Just curious - what the hell does your age have anything to do with your choice??? My age begins with a '5', and has no influence at all in the style of watch I wear (apart from having over 40 years experience in choosing and buying watches)...
    Ditto, as a fellow half-centenarian i wear what i like, its not age, its how you carry yourself and a IDGAF attitude.

now get off my lawn and i am keeping your ball~
    StephenWatch and cRookie like this.
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Ditto, as a fellow half-centenarian i wear what i like, its not age, its how you carry yourself and a IDGAF attitude.

now get off my lawn and i am keeping your ball~
    Lol!

I'm joining the half century club next year, I just wear what I think looks good and I get a kick out of having on my wrist.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    Steelerswit likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

I have the all black orange face version but wish I had the orange banded one.

Not sold on the metal band version.

Guess it depends on how dressy you are.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

cRookie:
    Either/Or!!!
    I have the 3000bb1 (mostly black) gifted by my family 4 years ago on my wife and my 50th
    wedding anniversary. My fave watch for both sentimental and quality perks.
    Almost flawless accuracy acct of Celsiun 33 Atomic Clock synching. It will be when I go to
    the Great Roundhouse in the sky!

X Traindriver Art

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information