GW3000's all identical, except for color variance?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GW3000's all identical, except for color variance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are they all the same (metal case, etc) other than the colors, and in the case of 1 of them, the exposed metal casing?
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Re: GW3000's all identical, except for color variance?

Quote Originally Posted by Alathea View Post
    Are they all the same (metal case, etc) other than the colors, and in the case of 1 of them, the exposed metal casing?
    They don't really have a metal case - it's more of a sandwich construction with a resin case underneath and some steel on top. AFAIK they're all the same but some are labelled "Japan Y" and others "Japan mv't cased in Thailand". Quality is the same however.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Okay, so that 3000M with the blue/orange accents, its got looks going for it, and scarcity, but otherwise is the same as the others?

I ask because, in looking, I see price differences within model lines for what I presume to be the same module and (in one case with the
    GA-1000-4ACR vs -ajf) the same watch other than the last three letters but at least a 50.00 price difference more for the -ajf. Just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything too obvious.

Thanks, Sedi
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alathea View Post
    Okay, so that 3000M with the blue/orange accents, its got looks going for it, and scarcity, but otherwise is the same as the others?

I ask because, in looking, I see price differences within model lines for what I presume to be the same module and (in one case with the
    GA-1000-4ACR vs -ajf) the same watch other than the last three letters but at least a 50.00 price difference more for the -ajf. Just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything too obvious.

Thanks, Sedi
    The ones with the "JF" are JDM models (Japanese Domestic Market) - they're the same as the others but often priced higher for 2 reasons - G-Shocks are more expensive in Japan in general and the Yen-Dollar-exchange rate can lead to higher prices. "CR" is the country code for the USA AFAIK. Can't go wrong with choosing the cheaper version. There's zero differences in quality or features.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Yes, they are identical except for color, except the blue BD variant which comes with a bracelet instead of the resin band.

It pays to be patient in obtaining the 3000M as they turn up occasionally at the same cost or less than the BB variant if you are not in a hurry. The M is not a rare watch.

Had the BB first because it was usually significantly cheaper than the M last summer, my wife adopted my BB and I located an M for sale new for $220US from a dealer in Italy, which is less than I paid for the BB. If you take your time, your M should turn up reasonably priced. I see the BB is under $200 now new. Prices are falling.

Our well loved, high mileage daily driver GW-3000BB, stealth'd out with a Sharpie marker:
    Last edited by yankeexpress; March 12th, 2014 at 09:05.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

It is odd though that the white GW3000 is the only one to come with a black buckle. Anyone care to guess why Casio picked that one to slap a black buckle on? Why not all of the GW3000s? Seems weird to me. It is part of the reason I just bought a white one primarily because the readability of yellow or orange seems cluttered and the black buckle is a bonus to me.

Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; March 12th, 2014 at 09:31.

This color version seems to be low volume, usually labeled as GW-3000B-1ER which is the same label as the orange version. Have never actually seen this color combo in the wild.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

^ you sure that's not the regular orange but just that the colors look more subdued due to the camera used for the photo? The main reason I don't like the orange one is in person the orange gives me a headache and eyestrain. It reminds me of the fluorescent colors of the 80s. The orange one looks much better in pictures than in person. Also with the orange and even the yellow GW3500 (with added small negative LCD screens), the display looks cluttered and kind of blingy/cartoony.
    Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; March 12th, 2014 at 15:28.

Every GW-3000 has the same case, as the number is for the case only. This can also mean that metal parts are black. I'm a bit puzzled about that orange version of Yankee Express. I can't check mine right now.

The GW-3000 case does not say the modules are the same, but I believe they are. As for instance the DW-6900 case doesn't always have the "Triple Eyed Devil" module.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

The white BB is also the only one to have black pushers (I think?). I liked the orange one but the silver pushers and buckle were a no-go.

Last edited by daschlag; March 12th, 2014 at 15:46.
    yankeexpress likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information