GW4000 1A (aviator)
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GW4000 1A (aviator)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW4000 1A (aviator)

I'm new to this forum and my current daily watches include a Rolex Submariner and Breitling Super Ocean Chronograph. I also subscribe to Watchtime magazine and saw an ad for the gshock GW40001A and had to see it in person.

I really liked the watch, though it is certainly large. Additionally, I found the chronograph very confusing since I'm used to the simplicity of the functions of a mechanical watch vs a "computer on my wrist!".

Since this is a forum of gshock owners/experts, I was wondering about your opinions of this relatively new model.

I don't know if this breaks forum rules, but if it does I apologize. I would like to consider purchasing this model, and obviously would love to get it at a discount if possible. Are there any known/reputable sources to purchase this at a discount. If forum rules don't allow an answer, I would appreciate a private message.

Any comments, recommendations or input would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks
    Chrisek likes this.

DocD, if you search the forum under "gw4000" you will find a few threads to read for opinions.
    As for purchasing if you use google or the bay you will find those answers quickly as well.
    I love mine and have purchased 3 so far.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: GW4000 1A (aviator)

Thanks for the quick response. I did find the watch at a discount on eBay, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on eBay due to fakes, etc., since I'm not well versed on these watches......yet! I can spot a fake Rolex easily, nut not a fake gshock.

That's why I was wondering if there are any reputable sources based on experience. I did do a search for the gw4000 but nothing came up. I will try again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DocD. Just bumped one to the top for you. Thread is called "GW4000's". Hope it helps.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Hey Doc, as you can easily spot a fake Rolex, some guys here can do it with G-shocks also, why don´t you post the link(s) of your interest and we try to help you?

Go Team Bravus!!

Thank you for bumping up the thread. After your initial recommendation I did try a search again and came up with some great threads which led me to a great connection.

There is a forum member who regularly posts here, gets great reviews regarding his transactions, is an authorized Gshock dealer, has a legitimate website AND brick and mortar stores. I figured that was a great combination. He has offered me a BNIB watch with all papers, etc., at what I believe is an excellent price.

I will keep you posted when I receive the watch. Thank you for the offer to post pictures to check on authenticity and I will if I have any concerns, but I'm confident that this seller is completely legit and the watch will be genuine.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.bravus View Post
    Hey Doc, as you can easily spot a fake Rolex, some guys here can do it with G-shocks also, why don´t you post the link(s) of your interest and we try to help you?
    Hi, Johnny. I was wondering if you could spot these G-Shock. I just bought it off from ebay last week. and also the GW-3000 doesn't beep. I am sure that I have it set up correctly. Thanks in advance. Here are the links to the photos.

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...2-08212225.jpg
    http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...2-08212247.jpg
    http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...2-13010122.jpg
    http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...2-13010131.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Simarron Chhoeun View Post
    Hi, Johnny. I was wondering if you could spot these G-Shock. I just bought it off from ebay last week. and also the GW-3000 doesn't beep. I am sure that I have it set up correctly. Thanks in advance. Here are the links to the photos.
    All legit. Hold down the bottom left button on the GW-3000 for 3-5 seconds. It should do a signal beep and auto-return to your home time screen. Enjoy!
    Simarron Chhoeun and Chrisek like this.

I really appreciated your response. I did try holding that button(button C) it doesn't beep, it does return to the home bottom though. I think it might be because of the speaker inside the watch. One more question about these watch, I did see these series of watch cased in Thailand. Are they legit too? what are the differences? Thank again.

Hi Guys,

do you know how to setup right UTC time? i setup my home time but when select world time it shows wrong?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information