GW5000's in the wild -
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: GW5000's in the wild -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW5000's in the wild -

I just received my brand-spanking-new GW5000-1JF and since everyone has heard of/read about the watch by now, I won't go into the specs other than to say:
    1. It's an incredible awesome overall package,
    2. The resin on it is as nice as everyone says (why don't they use this for all of them?),
    3. The module is great, and
    4. The DLC is spectacular.

That said, the main purpose of this thread is to gloat about a new watch that I'm obviously pleased with, to re-assure anyone still worried about ordering a JDM model from Katsu (Higuchi) that Katsu is a stand-up guy and an absolute pleasure to do business with (he even unexpectedly responded to a question I sent over the weekend), and to ask for pics of your GW5000's in the wild.

As I haven't had much of chance to get out and about with it yet, here's a pic of mine on a box of Ligas.

Name:  IMG_0949.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  69.9 KB

If I get the chance, I'll take a pic from the lake, overlooking the city sometime in the next couple of days. All it needs now are some awesome bull-bars. Soon, my friend...

Now, please show us what you have!
    Last edited by TylerDurden; November 16th, 2012 at 03:29.
    vokotin, avusblue, lvt and 1 others like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    TylerDurden and avusblue like this.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

Banned

Re: GW5000's in the wild -

Where can I buy a brand new GW5000? I just checked out the Higuchi website and I do not see the GW5000 listed anywhere on there. Who sells and who currently has this particular model in stock right now? I would like to buy one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

I'm sure they will comeback with different price.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Toc View Post
    Where can I buy a brand new GW5000? I just checked out the Higuchi website and I do not see the GW5000 listed anywhere on there. Who sells and who currently has this particular model in stock right now? I would like to buy one.
    Send Katsu an email and ask him if he can track one down for you; the GW5000 wasn't on his site when I emailed him either, but he either had this one around or tracked one down. Either way, I'm sure he can help you out. Last I heard from Seiya, he's still out of stock but will put you on a wait list for when he gets more. A couple other places had them in stock (I think one was Shopping Japan, which I've never used) but the prices were crazy - about $100 higher - so, I'd stick with Katsu or Seiya.

GW5000's in the wild -

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Toc View Post
    You have to email Katsu, also check chino watches

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    You have to email Katsu, also check chino watches
    Yep, when I was looking, I emailed Katsu, Seiya and Chino. The latter two were out but running a wait list (though incredibly responsive and polite) and Katsu came through with the watch (and also has great CS). It's worth sending all three an email, just in case anything changed.

I think at the moment Katsu is the only way to go and he also offers a very good discounted price.
    TylerDurden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vokotin View Post
    I think at the moment Katsu is the only way to go and he also offers a very good discounted price.
    Katsu definitely had the best prices I could find and he's a great guy to deal with, so he would definitely be my first stop.

Banned

How much is the GW5000 cost to buy brand new directly from Katsu as opposed to buying the same model watch from Seiya and Chino? I would like to buy the GW5000 factory brand new for a reasonable discounted price. What's the discounted price that this particular model is selling for right now?

I already own the GWM5610-1 and I love mine because it looks almost exactly like my original DW5000-1A that I used to own that I bought brand new back in 1983. I now want to buy the GW5000 because it has the same exact module that's inside my GWM5610-1 and also because the GW5000 comes with a stainless steel case and a screw back. I love screw back 5000 series G-Shocks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information