• 2 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 2 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By gobulls

Thread: GW5600J Atomic Sync EU version?

Skv

GW5600J Atomic Sync EU version?

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Casio G-Shock Gw-5600J and I love it. It only has one downside and that is that it does not sync the time in Europe. It has multiband so it only syncs in Japan and in the US.

Thus I am wondering if Casio has made this very same watch in a version that does sync in Europe. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Skv; March 5th, 2014 at 00:25.
    Time. Something to keep.

Re: GW5600J Atomic Sync EU version?

i have gw5610 and its work fine. iam in slovakia now. did you setup right time zone? should be working with all 6 bands

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle86 View Post
    Thus I am wondering if Casio has made this very same watch in a version that does sync in Europe. Any ideas?
    As far as I know, Casio has never made a Europe-only atomic. As far as I can tell, they went from "one band" (US only) to "two band" (US and Japan) to 5-band and then 6-band, which include the frequencies for the UK, Germany, and China.

Casio has made 5- and 6-band squares, but they all resemble the DW-5600 versions more than the slightly oversized display of the 5600J.

Quote Originally Posted by xnokiax View Post
    i have gw5610 and its work fine. iam in slovakia now. did you setup right time zone? should be working with all 6 bands
    YOU have a 6-band GW-5610.

HE has a 2-band, Japan- and US-only GW-5600J that doesn't have "all 6" that yours does! Thus, his will never synch to either European signal, regardless of "home city" or time zone setup.
    MCZK and Chrisek like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ok. sorry but i did not know it. why did he buy it? he can use it without sync only no?

Can't answer "why did he buy it?" with any certainty, but if he sets the "home city" to anywhere besides US or Tokyo time zones, that should turn off the "auto receive" function.

That will leave him with what is effectively a solar-powered DW-5600 that's still accurate to +/- 30 seconds a month, that he can adjust as needed.

Unless he travels to the US or Japan, it will work the same as Casio's solar, non-atomic "squares," including the G-5600's and GLS- and GLX- "Glides."
    Jelle86 likes this.

Skv

So, if I understand you guys correctly, there is no 5 or 6 band version of this particular model?
    It is usable now, but I would like to have it synced to check whether my other (mechanical) watches are running up to par. :)

Can you recommend me models that are similar in looks and functionality that do have 5 or 6 band atomic sync?

This one seems to be quite similar for instance: http://www.casio.com/products/archiv...ock/GWM5600-1/
    It is quite expensive, though.. I find them on Ebay for about EUR130, whilst having paid EUR 15 for my GW-5600J. :P
    Last edited by Skv; March 5th, 2014 at 09:25.
    Time. Something to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle86 View Post
    So, if I understand you guys correctly, there is no 5 or 6 band version of this particular model?
    It is usable now, but I would like to have it synced to check whether my other (mechanical) watches are running up to par. :)

Can you recommend me models that are similar in looks and functionality that do have 5 or 6 band atomic sync?

This one seems to be quite similar for instance: GWM5600-1 - G-Shock - G-Shock, Mens, Tough, Water Resistant, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.
    It is quite expensive, though.. I find them on Ebay for about EUR130, whilst having paid EUR 15 for my GW-5600J. :P
    You're right -- you found and linked the (slightly older) 5-band version above!

There is also the most recent, 6-band GW-M5610: G-SHOCK - Watch - Products - CASIO which might be more affordable, since it's the most recent version and not a "collectible." (You got your 5600J for a great price -- now that they're becoming harder to find some of them are going for crazy prices on eBay.)

These three watches, over the course of a few years, show the evolution of the "Casio square" -- from the DW-5600C and DW-5600E (non-atomic) to the GW-5600J (2-band) to the GW-5600 (5-band) and GW-5610 (6-band). Technically, they're all slightly different models, but they mostly share the same common characteristics and appearance!

(There are also some other newer, similar square versions -- atomic and non-atomic -- with features like negative displays, screwback cases, and composite bracelets instead of resin straps, but for now I'm trying to keep it simple. )
    Chrisek and Skv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    As far as I know, Casio has never made a Europe-only atomic. As far as I can tell, they went from "one band" (US only) to "two band" (US and Japan) to 5-band and then 6-band, which include the frequencies for the UK, Germany, and China.
    Casio did make one for Europe only, the GW-500E-1VER. Syncs to 2 Europe towers exclusively.

It's exactly the same as the US version GW-500A, except of course the "A" version syncs to USA only.

Casio also made a third version, the GW-500J, that syncs to both Japan and USA towers.

GW-500E-1VER picture on Amazon UK
    Casio G-Shock Men's Digital Watch GW-500E-1VER With Solar Powered Radio Controlled Resin Strap: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Online manual
    http://support.casio.com/en/manual/009/qw2869.pdf
    Mike K likes this.

Cool, and thanks -- I stand corrected!

(Too bad it's not a "square" or the OP would be all set -- but he still might be interested in the GW-500E version too! )

i started topic about atomic gshock some time ago. you can check something here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/adv...ic-992697.html

Thread Information