GW6900, G6900 Owners Sound Off Here: Lets Get An Offical Count - Page 19
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: GW6900, G6900 Owners Sound Off Here: Lets Get An Offical Count

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Re: GW6900, G6900 Owners Sound Off Here: Lets Get An Offical Count

Well done oz2124. Looks great. Like the colour. Congrats and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Thanks Deepsea, your KG looks great as well
    Last edited by oz2124; July 21st, 2015 at 06:53.
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.
    G-Shock : MTG-B1000B-1AJF | DW5600C-1V | GW-5000-1JF | G-2000 | GW9200GYJ-1JF | DW5600FS-mod | G-9000 | DW6900BB | DW6900B | DW6600B | GW9010
    Seiko : Stargate II SRP491K1 | Presage SARY056

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I just have one G-6900-7 as I prefer non-solar DW6900's & GD-X6900's

I did recently change it over to the RD red resin & paint the G on the light button red though

Attachment 4600698

Attachment 4600706
    Holy moley! That red resin is great! Is that from a gdx? And it fits the g6900?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsd View Post
    Nah that's not GD-X resin, it wouldn't fit at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Matt

No that is the resin set from a GW-6900RD-4
    Yes I like that shade of red but the watch it originally came on was a negative display. I never buy negative displays
    so I put a RD-4 set on a G-6900A-7 instead

The GW & G6900 resins are swappable...

Here is of a pic of the GW-6900RD-4

Name:  gw6900rd-4.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  31.7 KB

One of the G-6900A-7 I added that resin too

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  43.8 KB
    Last edited by flying; July 23rd, 2015 at 03:27.
    Kev55 and mattsd like this.

Hi Matt

No that is the resin set from a GW-6900RD-4
    Yes I like that shade of red but the watch it originally came on was a negative display. I never buy negative displays
    so I put a RD-4 set on a G-6900A-7 instead

The GW & G6900 resins are swappable...

Here is of a pic of the GW-6900RD-4

Name:  gw6900rd-4.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  31.7 KB

One of the G-6900A-7 I added that resin too

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  43.8 KB
    Hi Flying! Thank you for the info! That's very kind of you to elaborate on the details. I really love the positive display with the red resin. Very tasteful. Just out of curiosity why is it that you prefer the non atomic models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    flying likes this.

Reunited with the GW6900. First day out, had to take it for a swim just to check water tightness.

I had one of these a while ago and sold it for some reason. I honestly don't remember why. It's such a comfortable and functional piece. Lovely clear display. The band is soft and comfortable but I wish it was 2mm thicker and had a double pronged buckle. I may put it on a zulu with some strap adapters.

flying, shagam and CasioVibe like this.

Hi Flying! Thank you for the info! That's very kind of you to elaborate on the details. I really love the positive display with the red resin. Very tasteful. Just out of curiosity why is it that you prefer the non atomic models?

Hi Matt

For me I prefer non solar as they are hassle free. I never have to think are they getting enough sun etc.
    Nor do I have to tan them in a window....I bet that is great for resin year after year ;)

Also with batteries lasting 2-10 years a pop I don't think it is a problem price wise.
    Lastly I find the battery models back-lights are brighter.

Atomic auto update I really have no use for as there is no signal here & judging by the tons of posts
    many others have weak signals at best. I find I can if I want to...sync all 20 of my G's in under 20 minutes.

I do so once every 6 months not because they need it but because I think it makes a nice picture of them all on the same seconds.
    But even after 4+ months they all vary a handful of seconds only from each other.

Yet I have seen folks here post side by side Rangeman & frogman they own & they will be 1.5 minutes apart so it seems the atomic is no garuntee
    of anything better

I have not seen folks who buy all solar/atomic post many shots of their boxes with 10 G's
    I would like to see it because they should all be showing the same time right? If not where's the beef? :)

Thanks for the compliment on the Red G6900 I also have some black function buttons coming for that
    Kev55, mattsd and BeaVis PaLigis like this.

Hi Matt

For me I prefer non solar as they are hassle free. I never have to think are they getting enough sun etc.
    Nor do I have to tan them in a window....I bet that is great for resin year after year ;)

Also with batteries lasting 2-10 years a pop I don't think it is a problem price wise.
    Lastly I find the battery models back-lights are brighter.

Atomic auto update I really have no use for as there is no signal here & judging by the tons of posts
    many others have weak signals at best. I find I can if I want to...sync all 20 of my G's in under 20 minutes.

I do so once every 6 months not because they need it but because I think it makes a nice picture of them all on the same seconds.
    But even after 4+ months they all vary a handful of seconds only from each other.

Yet I have seen folks here post side by side Rangeman & frogman they own & they will be 1.5 minutes apart so it seems the atomic is no garuntee
    of anything better

I have not seen folks who buy all solar/atomic post many shots of their boxes with 10 G's
    I would like to see it because they should all be showing the same time right? If not where's the beef? :)

Thanks for the compliment on the Red G6900 I also have some black function buttons coming for that
    Without a doubt those black buttons will look great!

I see where you're coming from with solar atomic not being important to you. I am lucky that where I live I don't need to worry about maintaining a charge. I just wear it. I'm also lucky that I get a signal for atomic syncing. It's very strange to me that a watch that syncs successfully regularly would be off from another doing the same. I think that is what you were saying. I wonder what the variables there are.

I liked that when I received my GW I just had to change the time zone and everything else was already set up and ready to go. Ultimate convenience. I think that's a good point about the batteries too. I'm not against them by any means, but I do like the solar idea. I suppose you can't go wrong with either provided you don't get a bad solar version, which I have read some reports of.

flying and Marrin like this.

Without a doubt those black buttons will look great!

I see where you're coming from with solar atomic not being important to you. I am lucky that where I live I don't need to worry about maintaining a charge. I just wear it. I'm also lucky that I get a signal for atomic syncing. It's very strange to me that a watch that syncs successfully regularly would be off from another doing the same. I think that is what you were saying. I wonder what the variables there are.

I liked that when I received my GW I just had to change the time zone and everything else was already set up and ready to go. Ultimate convenience. I think that's a good point about the batteries too. I'm not against them by any means, but I do like the solar idea. I suppose you can't go wrong with either provided you don't get a bad solar version, which I have read some reports of.

Thanks Matt

Yes those black buttons kind of compliment the "RD" line look

On the G-GW series another nice thing is it does in fact have World Time too.

On the charging not being a problem I agree if you have only one or two watches.
    But if you have 20-40 or more & if you like to rotate them all thru your wearing...Then I think
    those are the folks needing to hang 5-10 watches at a time on a window sill etc.

On the solar vs battery issue simplicity aside in my case I also like to have various faceplate colors. I like the history of G
    in the DW-6900 line & they had so many nice colors.

For now anyway ...due to the solar panels all G-GW6900's faces are black because that is the solar panel. They do give off a cool Tron
    like look though in certain lighting

Here are my DW's showing different faceplate colors & the 1 GW .....not a great quality pic though

Name:  small dw6900box 7-4-15.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  314.1 KB
    Last edited by flying; July 24th, 2015 at 04:01.
    Kev55 and BeaVis PaLigis like this.

Thanks Matt

Yes those black buttons kind of compliment the "RD" line look

On the G-GW series another nice thing is it does in fact have World Time too.

On the charging not being a problem I agree if you have only one or two watches.
    But if you have 20-40 or more & if you like to rotate them all thru your wearing...Then I think
    those are the folks needing to hang 5-10 watches at a time on a window sill etc.

On the solar vs battery issue simplicity aside in my case I also like to have various faceplate colors. I like the history of G
    in the DW-6900 line & they had so many nice colors.

For now anyway ...due to the solar panels all G-GW6900's faces are black because that is the solar panel. They do give off a cool Tron
    like look though in certain lighting

Here are my DW's & the 1 GW showing different faceplate colors not a great quality pic though

Name:  small dw6900box 7-4-15.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  314.1 KB
    I completely agree from a collectibility perspective that the solar feature could be annoying. The limitation on the faceplate colors is a good point that I hadn't considered. Very interesting. Being that I don't collect, and that I like the features and look, the GW6900 just works really well for me, but I totally get what you're saying. Nice collection by the way!!

flying likes this.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information