GW6900 and an old ride.....

Thread: GW6900 and an old ride.....

GW6900 and an old ride.....

Here's one for all the riders.(Sjors..) I just got the GW6900 and recommend it to all collectors...whatever variation you decide...

I've been riding a hybrid bicycle for exercise and family rides....I figured I break out my "old school" ride to get ready for off roading... got this DB when I went to Ohio State..1993.. rode it hard over the years.
    My son is now 8 and is becoming a decent rider so we are planning to find some trails --- the girls will have to stay home...

old school components...

no shox on this baby.... I'll wait until I break the old forks before I replace...

have a good week...john
    Last edited by justsellbrgs; August 31st, 2009 at 03:17.

Re: GW6900 and an old ride.....

Awesome Diamond Back!!! Here's my 1986 Super Grizzly, all original M730 XT components except the cranks (original were BioPace). I've owned it since new. I briefly put on shocks, but found I prefer the original unicrown forks.
    Now I need to take some pics with one of my G-Shocks!

Hope you enjoy your DB for many more years. It's a classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Popoki Nui; August 31st, 2009 at 03:11.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey PN, owned a similar model Bianchi MTB (mine was Forte) while living in Croatia, sold it long time ago - great value for money.

Replaced few parts with Campagnolo bits before selling, bless the closeness to Italy and availability of those great quality parts that also look cool

@justsellbrgs...keep it mate, it's a relic but a great one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice one, mate! Dig'n the old skool vibe...

Suspended

I don';t know anything about bikes, but I really like the slimmer profile on the atomic 6900.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    I don';t know anything about bikes, but I really like the slimmer profile on the atomic 6900.
    ...john -- jump on the seat, clip into the pedals, and ride like hell.....if you fall just get up and repeat the steps....... all you need to know

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by justsellbrgs View Post
    ...john -- jump on the seat, clip into the pedals, and ride like hell.....if you fall just get up and repeat the steps....... all you need to know

Actually, this is an interesting seg-way. I am coming up on 5 years at my job and they offer a nice selection of gifts to celebrate every 5 years of service. The two options in the lead are a Citizen watch and some kind of bike. I was originally leaning toward the Citizen, but I'm not sure I would have selected this model by choice and I really don't need another random watch. Besides the sedentary nature of this job has contributed to my horizontal growth, so perhaps the best gift is something to balance this out.

Then I'll have to get some kind of sporty watch to match my new bike !! I call this win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    I am coming up on 5 years at my job and they offer a nice selection of gifts to celebrate every 5 years of service. The two options in the lead are a Citizen watch and some kind of bike.
    THEY WHAT!!!!????

Mate, I don't know who your employer is, but it's definitely out of ordinary...at least to some of us living in the rest of the World.

I work for a leading telecom/IT services provider, hold a senior architect position and after 10yrs of service what do I get - a polyester T-shirt and a $0.5 plastic pen with company insignia...nice

Hug your employer/manager/boss whoever and send my regards, LOL!

Thread Information