GW6900 Strap adaptor
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GW6900 Strap adaptor

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GW6900 Strap adaptor

I have a GW6900, first G-shock in many years, great watch but I want to fit a NATO style strap to it.

Can anyone who has successfully fitted a strap adaptor to a GW6900 please let me know where they got it ?

I've done some searching and read conflicting reports on whether they actually fit this model and there seem to be a few slightly different types.

Thanks for the help!

Re: GW6900 Strap adaptor

I get mine at MWR, they fit and they look like this:(from MWR's site)
    Here's my 6900 on a 24mm Zulu. Most comfy!
    Josh

^Nice mod! I like the painted eyes.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I ordered some strap adaptors but I can't get them to fit. Can you give some tips on how you did it ?

I even took them to a watch shop and they couldn't get them to fit either.

The mod pictured looks great btw!

I think Suunto clips might work.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    I get mine at MWR, they fit and they look like this:(from MWR's site)
    That watch is a DW-6900 not a GW-6900. I know that the bezels from both models aren't interchangeable, so maybe the strap adaptors aren't either.

Do remember that a GW- isn't a DW- when you're looking for the adaptors. That could be why they don't fit....

Quote Originally Posted by t1234 View Post
    I ordered some strap adaptors but I can't get them to fit. Can you give some tips on how you did it ?

I even took them to a watch shop and they couldn't get them to fit either.
    If you want to fit them onto a GW6900 it can be done, but with effort. The trick is that the spingbars wont just pop-in to the holes, you have to actually push them in. There are 2 grooves on the end of bars, you can use these to the pushing. I used a simple, very-small (1mm) flathead screwdriver

1. put the bar into the adapter
    2. insert one end into the hole, the other end will stick out from the adaptor
    3. put pressure on the long end until the first end sinks into the hole, this may require "big" force
    4. now station the second end to the hole, and by hooking the tool into the groove, gently force it inside the hole. (like when you using a crowbar). Just be patient, and dont use too much force.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can still understand me.

i just battled 2 weeks ago -- with DW-6900

strap adapters put spring bars like said below (good advice) , be patient

i have a watch kit that has spring tools in it that i used to help depress the ends... still took me a long time.. not planning taking the strap adapters of!!!

g luck

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntside View Post
    If you want to fit them onto a GW6900 it can be done, but with effort. The trick is that the spingbars wont just pop-in to the holes, you have to actually push them in. There are 2 grooves on the end of bars, you can use these to the pushing. I used a simple, very-small (1mm) flathead screwdriver

1. put the bar into the adapter
    2. insert one end into the hole, the other end will stick out from the adaptor
    3. put pressure on the long end until the first end sinks into the hole, this may require "big" force
    4. now station the second end to the hole, and by hooking the tool into the groove, gently force it inside the hole. (like when you using a crowbar). Just be patient, and dont use too much force.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can still understand me.
    Last edited by rjt65; September 26th, 2010 at 17:28.

As posted above, I had to work to get the pins back in on all mine(even my 2300 and 2310 using Casio's adaptors, too). I hook one end of the pin in and use my pin tool to push the other end to the other hole, then I used the tool in the groove at the end of the pin to seat it all the way into the holes. I've noticed that I have to do the same thing when putting the normal/regular straps back on after battery changes. (I can't get cloth strap adaptors for all my G's). Yeah, It's a pain compared to my steel-cased watches, but, well worth the comfort to me. If you're anywhere near Detroit, MI, I'll help ya.......

Josh

Finally done it!

Thanks for all the help and constructive posts !

What I did in the end is order 2 end pieces for the G2300B from Casio UK. I found another post where someone recommended this method. These adaptors fit with no messing around at all, as easy as putting the normal strap back on.

Putting the GW6900 on a zulu (22mm) I now have a very comfortable and practical hiking/travelling watch!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information