GW700A 1-V anyone ?? well..I do.

Thread: GW700A 1-V anyone ?? well..I do.

GW700A 1-V anyone ?? well..I do.

With all these mudmans,frogmans or vintages nobody ever talks about this guy.

It is actually my first G and I'm perfectly happy with it. Some complain about weight and thickness,but weight is pretty much nonexistant if your used to wear steel automatic watches. Yes,it's a bit thick but no big deal,I had automatic watches with the same thickness.
    I love the solar power thing. I've not been able to test the radio control function yet,i will have to wait for my shortcoming USA trip.

So,any other happy owner here ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: GW700A 1-V anyone ?? well..I do.

Hi,

I have never seen that watch of yours before, but it looks cool!

I guess everybody has a special love for their first G-Shock; I wore my G-2500 for over a year before I "got into" G-Shocks ... The lady in the shop said it was tough so I bought it. I didn't really know what a G-Shock was back then. But I loved it. The first one is always special
    Attached Images Attached Images

-- Gray
    Current Favourite: PRG240 (the orange-tinted one)

I've had mine for over a few years now ... was my first G since the late 80's (that watch long lost). When I got my GW700 I was looking for a watch for swimming laps, where I could run the stop watch and also be able to see the current time. I first looked at G's and found out about the atomic/solar models and came across this one. The concept of a 200m waterproof watch that is solar powered, never needs to be opened, and automatically adjusts its time all looked like great features... and it has worked perfectly ever since .. I can press the buttons while in the pool and never worry about a thing. It has in fact proven that these G's are truly worry-free watches.

Since I found WUS back earlier this year, I have found cooler G models, but for what I got the GW700 for, it is perfect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JonL View Post
    I've had mine for over a few years now ... was my first G since the late 80's (that watch long lost). When I got my GW700 I was looking for a watch for swimming laps, where I could run the stop watch and also be able to see the current time. I first looked at G's and found out about the atomic/solar models and came across this one. The concept of a 200m waterproof watch that is solar powered, never needs to be opened, and automatically adjusts its time all looked like great features... and it has worked perfectly ever since .. I can press the buttons while in the pool and never worry about a thing. It has in fact proven that these G's are truly worry-free watches.

Since I found WUS back earlier this year, I have found cooler G models, but for what I got the GW700 for, it is perfect.

There you go...a well used one too!! Please do tell,did you ever change the strap holder ?? I can really tell from this pic that the watch has seen a lot of action and I'm very happy to say that it still looks fine..
    Thanks for the great pic !!!:thanks

Here is my GW700. It is one my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
    There you go...a well used one too!! Please do tell,did you ever change the strap holder ?? I can really tell from this pic that the watch has seen a lot of action and I'm very happy to say that it still looks fine..
    Thanks for the great pic !!!:thanks

Thanks - glad you like it. Change the strap? Nah, got the watch in 2005 I think, so the strap is still in good shape. Overall it is faired quite well, the only wear is on the writing on the bezel.

Enjoy yours!!

I dont like that one because it does not have rubber bumpers protecting the top of the watch. so if you scrape it on a wall it will have marks on it. But its a good looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
    With all these mudmans,frogmans or vintages nobody ever talks about this guy.

It is actually my first G and I'm perfectly happy with it. Some complain about weight and thickness,but weight is pretty much nonexistant if your used to wear steel automatic watches. Yes,it's a bit thick but no big deal,I had automatic watches with the same thickness.
    I love the solar power thing. I've not been able to test the radio control function yet,i will have to wait for my shortcoming USA trip.

So,any other happy owner here ???

I think the watch looks really nice, especially on the bracelet, but I assume the shiny blue metal bezel is prone to get scratched easily. Is that an issue at all?

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    I think the watch looks really nice, especially on the bracelet, but I assume the shiny blue metal bezel is prone to get scratched easily. Is that an issue at all?
    So far, no problem.

Thread Information