GW7900B-1 Questions

Thread: GW7900B-1 Questions

GW7900B-1 Questions

I've been really interested in this watch and was wondering if anybody who owns one might be able to answer a question or two I had about it before I finally pull the trigger.

1. The watch will allow you to set it to any time you like. You can adjust the minutes and hours + or - any amount of time you want. My question is this... when the watch tries to sync itself or when you try and manually sync it, will it revert to the standard atomic time, or will it remember the small adjustments you made and always adjust itself with that in its memory... so like if you set it 5 minutes forward, will it remember that the next time it syncs itself and stay adjusted 5 minutes forward, or will it just revert straight back to atomic time?

2. Can you choose how many times a day you want the watch to sync itself? I've read that the watch can sync itself up to 6 times a day. Can you set it to only sync with atomic time 1 time per day?

Re: GW7900B-1 Questions

#1 I'm not sure but I think as soon as it syncs it goes back to the time. Kind of defeats the purpose of syncing if you don't want it to display the reference time.

#2 It only syncs more than once if the previous attempts were unsuccessful.

The 7900 will not take into account any times you have previously adjusted the watch, so when it syncs, it will show only the atomic time. You can however turn off the automatic updating, and simply use the manual updating. With a manual update, you tell it when to sync, so you could easily sync it like this once or twice a month, and then set it 5 minutes fast. Or simply forget about atomic syncing at all lol, the watch is plenty awesome without it!

Second, as Yang1815 said above, it will only sync once, and if it fails to do so the first time, it will try again up to 6 total times a day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the answers, guys.

Oh, and before I forget... I used to have an old Timex Ironman from years ago that had indiglo. I loved the feature, but eventually the button took more and more pressure to activate until eventually it just stopped working at all no matter how hard I pressed.

Does this ever happen to G-Shocks, or do all the buttons maintain their functionality and "pressability" for the life of the watches?

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreen View Post
    1. The watch will allow you to set it to any time you like. You can adjust the minutes and hours + or - any amount of time you want. My question is this... when the watch tries to sync itself or when you try and manually sync it, will it revert to the standard atomic time, or will it remember the small adjustments you made and always adjust itself with that in its memory... so like if you set it 5 minutes forward, will it remember that the next time it syncs itself and stay adjusted 5 minutes forward, or will it just revert straight back to atomic time?
    The watch will adjust the time automatically to the atomic clock's time based on your home city's timezone (with ot without DST).

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreen View Post
    2. Can you choose how many times a day you want the watch to sync itself? I've read that the watch can sync itself up to 6 times a day. Can you set it to only sync with atomic time 1 time per day?
    In automatic mode the syncing will happen at around midnight and if the syncing fails it will be reapeated with 1 hour of interval, but no more than 6 times per 24H. Probably because most of people go to bed at 23H and wake up at 6H and the watch can't receive the signal when you move around your house.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

pull the trigger. its an amazing watch, i love teh look and feel of mine. its one of mine that gets worn the most (next to the GW-7900RD-4)

Thread Information