GW9000A vs G9000A-1

Thread: GW9000A vs G9000A-1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW9000A vs G9000A-1

What is the difference in the GW9000A and the GW9000A-1?

Sorry for the multiple posts everyone. Just trying to get some quick answers so I can get this new Gshock! (very Excited)

Thanks for all the help,
    Brandon
    Last edited by bpurcg19; September 24th, 2008 at 01:39.

Re: GW9000A vs G9000A-1

g9000 is non-atomic non-solar

gw9000 is atomic solar
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Sorry guys I messed up.
    They are both GW's, both atomic solars.
    I am interested in knowing the difference in the GW9000A and the GW9000A-1

I found a good price on one but it says GW9000A (its missing the "-1")
    is this just a mess up on the sellers website or is it actually different?

Thanks
    Brandon

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are some other differences. The atomic/solar version doesn't have dual stopwatch, doesn't show day and date together in timekeeping mode, and has a shorter countdown timer. If those things aren't important to you, it's probably worth the extra cash to have the atomic/solar features. Another difference is the appearance, but I assume you've noticed that. I don't think the atomic version has 'dual illuminator' backlight either but I'm not sure.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bpurcg19 View Post
    Sorry guys I messed up.
    They are both GW's, both atomic solars.
    I am interested in knowing the difference in the GW9000A and the GW9000A-1

I found a good price on one but it says GW9000A (its missing the "-1")
    is this just a mess up on the sellers website or is it actually different?

Thanks
    Brandon
    They'll be the same. I think the 1 is for the colour (black).
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    They'll be the same. I think the 1 is for the colour (black).
    That's right. Some dealers quote the whole model number, some don't. Same watch.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Lex,

Sorry but I seem a little confused. The atomic solar version of the mudman is a better watch than the classic version of the mudman right?
    Does the atomic solar version have a good backlight?

Thanks for the help,
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by bpurcg19 View Post
    Lex,

Sorry but I seem a little confused. The atomic solar version of the mudman is a better watch than the classic version of the mudman right?
    Does the atomic solar version have a good backlight?

Thanks for the help,
    Brandon
    I'd say it's technologically superior, but whether it's better or not is subjective. I have 3 G9000's and it's one of my favourite models, yet I don't really like the GW9000. On the one hand you've got the GW9000 with atomic time so it's always spot on, and solar power so (at least in theory) you don't need to worry about the battery running out for a long time. On the other hand the G9000 has the other features I mentioned above.

The GW9000 does have a backlight which I haven't seen, but am sure is adequate. The G9000 has what's called 'dual illuminator' which is 2 backlights - one behind the display and one behind the surrounding area (where the text is).

Sorry if I've made this more complicated but all it comes down to is, each one has something the other doesn't, and it's for you to decide which are preferable. Atomic/solar is a big deal to a lot of people, but some aren't impressed by it. The G9000's dual stopwatch and dual backlight are selling points for some people too, along with a longer CDT.

Thanks for the info. I understand it better now. Things are getting harder to decide now
    I guess I need to make a pros/cons list or something bc its getting hard just to remember.
    I like an all black watch so the GW9000 is more pleasing to me without the red buttons and stuff.
    My biggest concern now is the backlight bc I have the street rider camo g shock and I dont like it much, especially the backlight. I am color blind and I like a very contrasting color scheme.

Thanks for all the help. Gshock forum people are much nicer than most forum people.

-Brandon

Lexx, dun u just luv the muddie?
    i simply like it also because it shows the time and date simultaneously while the GW9000 doesnt.

"My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information