GW9100-1 Gulfman solar charging?

Thread: GW9100-1 Gulfman solar charging?

Confused GW9100-1 Gulfman solar charging?

I just recieved my GW9100-1 yesterday. Out of the box the charge was at medium. I was in the sun with the watch quite a bit between yesterday and today but for some reason it's still on M? If I tilt the watch and look at it from an angle I do see the blue box under it but if I look at the face directly, the H almost looks like it has a black box behind it. Is this a dead pixel or something? I read the manual and it says that it should fully charge after 5 minutes of being in natural bright sunlight. My watch was exposed for much longer than 5 minutes so I don't know what my problem is . Can anybody please help me out? I don't think Amazon will allow me to replace it since I trimmed the strap (using the guide posted in the how-to section [thanks bfgreen!]) so I don't think Amazon is going to let me replace it :oops:.

Re: GW9100-1 Gulfman solar charging?

The watch will DEFINITELY not be fully charged after 5 minutes. That 5-minute thing must be for something else. Give it a few days more of sunlight and you should see it hit H...which, by the way, doesn't necessarily mean "full". The indicators will show H or M as long as the battery has the minimum charge to meet those thresholds.
    Last edited by sl8763; October 7th, 2009 at 01:30.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Leave it in the window for a few days. It's not going to be charged in 5 minutes...

I think you misread the manual, I recall it says someting like it takes 5 minutes full sunlight to recharge 1 press on the backlight button.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok, this is very good news. Glad I didn't end up getting a defected one. Thank you guys for the quick response. This is my first g shock and I'm already looking for another one to get a rotation going... What have you guys done to me!?! Btw, if someone is on the fence about the GW9100-1 Gulfman, I recommend it. It's such an awesome looking watch!

Thread Information