GW9200 Riseman
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: GW9200 Riseman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GW9200 Riseman

So I'm a long time stalker of your forum-- I think it's the best of its kind. I get all my opinions and advice from here. I finally decided to pull the trigger and register today.
    I have a couple of pretty expensive watches and I gotta tell you-- nothing compares to a good old Casio Pathfinder or G-Shock.

So here's what happened last week that got me here-- I was in Greece in July. I took two watches with me--

-My PAW1500...to play with the altitude feature in the plane...to play with the Atomic feature-- cool to pick up time from the UK instead of USA.... And to play with the temperature feature while snorkelling (water temp)

-My Rolex GMT Master II... For dress occasions. I don't think I wore it once! Lol

So needless to say, I have a new appreciation for Casios. I decided I should add a g-shock to my collection. I ordered the G5600nv. The watch looked so cool in pictures. I received it on Thursday and I was heart broken to see just how small it was. It's not tiny or anything, and I'm not some huge wristed person, but I was expecting something that felt like my paw 1300 and 1500 and as you guys are probably smirking right now-- it didn't. Anyhow.... I can't say the watch isn't beautiful cause it is-- especially with the reverse LCD -- even though I can't see squat on it!!
    I'm pretty sure I've never sent anything back and I wasn't gonna start now. I added it to my watch box and chalked it up as a 150 dollar lesson. I'm certain I'll wear it occasionally.
    The dilemma was, I still hadn't satisfied my itch for a new watch. I spent all last night trying (through your forum and YouTube) to determine THE best g-shock for me. I narrowed it down to various versions of the 9000-9100-9200 and 9300 series. My final choice-- the GW9200-1. I just ordered it from Amazon and after adding the fastest shipping option to Canada, it came to just under 200 with duties etc. it will be here by Wednesday at noon.
    Can anyone please give me their opinions / experiences with the Riseman? I know there are tons of posts on that watch so don't flame me for asking. I've read them all-- I need more to keep me going till Wednesday-- it's only Saturday.

Keep up the good work!!
    Ted.

Re: GW9200 Riseman

Welcome Ted. I think the 9200 Riseman is a great choice. It was my second G and after another 25 or so later I still wear it on a regular basis. It's extremely comfortable and just feels right. The only thing I would change is an adjustable EL for the option of keeping the light on longer (its about 1.5 secs, and feels a bit short). Anyway, don't forget to post pics when in arrives, cheers.
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

I just picked up a Riseman last week, only my 2nd G-shock though, and it's a pretty cool watch. I ride bikes so figured this was the best for that. It's a bit smaller than my GX56, but it fits better on my smaller wrist.
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

You can't go wrong with the Riseman: nice features and the right size on the wrist.

Overall it's a very nice G to wear.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Wow. Thanks for the responses guys.
    And LUW-- your blue Riseman looks insane!! Very nice.

Definitely cool watch.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376182930859.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376182948284.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  100.1 KB

sent with aloha
    Deepsea_dweller and lvt like this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

I have a pretty pricy watch too but that riseman made me start my being nuts for g-shocks.

That riseman is supper comfortable for outdoors. It could have been better if it has a compass. The background figure (I don't know what that is) when the light is on is just too distracting for my fading eyesight.

Now I have a few g-shocks.

Blunderact

Quote Originally Posted by Tedzone View Post
    -My PAW1500...to play with the altitude feature in the plane...to play with the Atomic feature-- cool to pick up time from the UK instead of USA.... And to play with the temperature feature while snorkelling (water temp)
    How well did an altimeter -- which works by measuring changes in air pressure -- work in a pressurized airplane cabin?

I'm guessing "not particularly well as far as showing the plane's actual altitude."

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the new Riseman when it gets there!
    Chrisek likes this.

I bought one about a month or two ago. I travel a lot and I am really starting to like it. It's the perfect watch for me. Has the altimeter and barometer. World time with switch function from the main screen, 24 hour stop watch, 24 hour timer, and the button layout is like all the old original Casio's. So the start/stop is bottom right, reset is top right, etc., that's how I like it. It's big enough to not look flimsy, but small enough to not get in the way or look so big that people give you a weird look. I think you will like it a lot. I nearly convinced myself to buy another one, the black/blue version for a lot of money until I found out that none of the special editions can do feet which I use more often than meters. Pretty bummed about that.
    Chrisek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    How well did an altimeter -- which works by measuring changes in air pressure -- work in a pressurized airplane cabin?

I'm guessing "not particularly well as far as showing the plane's actual altitude."
    It works perfectly in an airplane, it shows the exact cabin altitude. You can't expect it to do anything else, unless you are in a unpressurized aircraft.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information