gwa1000 band?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: gwa1000 band?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gwa1000 band?

Hello all. Looking at buying my first GShock and am looking at the gwa1000, but I don't know if I should get the resin or stainless band. Anyone have any opinions? I've always liked metal bands but I tried on a friend's resin banded GShock and it felt nice. I just feel strange about paying $450 for a watch with a resin band. How durable are the stainless bands?

lvt

Re: gwa1000 band?

Buy it with steel band if you can.

The band is quite durable, there are steel links and resin links with steel frame inside.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I wrestled with similar decisions but in the end, decided I wanted (within current USA product offerings) white markers on black dial rather than more stealthy but less legible versions for tired old eyes like mine. So I bought the standard GWA1000-1A version w/ resin band from an Amazon dealer in USA and paid USD $325 shipped. Rather than the full metal bracelet on some models, I'd prefer the newer, lighter more "blemish resistant" composite band denoted within model number as "FC", although those with the dial/marker colorations weren't achievable within my planned budget. Same watch, same movement and less money - I'm a happy watch camper!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is there a big weight difference? Guessing the resin is going to be noticeably lighter. So the resin band is steel on the inside?

LUW

I've come from a "metal watch background", so most of my autos and all divers had a metal bracelet. But when I started only wearing G-Shocks 24/7, I got used to the ease-of-use and lightness of resin straps, so the idea of a metal bracelet on a G has become awkward to me. However, everybody here and their cousin raves about the metal bracelets and (specially) combi-bracelets to the point that I'm tempted to get one just to try it out. In the upcoming months I intend to get the blue A1100 with bracelet to see how it's on the wrist. If I don't like the feel, it's cheap to buy the proper resin strap and swap.

The weight difference between a strap and a metal bracelet isn't huge, so I doubt that would be an issue. What I think will make a lot of difference is the overall feel of the watch on the wrist and how you put it on and get it off.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

The band itself will be durable as any other SS band, it's the black coating on it that could scratch off, if you bang your watch into something. But that shouldn't be a problem, usually it's very scratch resistant.

Weight on metal bracelet versions (noting "D" within model number) will be higher than resin (lightest) or composite (next lightest). For me, the newest model release (GWA1000FC-5A) would have been my ideal but not being available here yet plus USD $600 vs what I paid an Amazon dealer made the choice easy for me. Within the Aviation Series, I wouldn't prefer the metal bracelet but otherwise don't mind that style. In fact, I'm wearing my newly purchased MTGM900DA-8 G-Shock right now, which comes equipped with a stainless bracelet. BTW, if you do buy one with a metal bracelet, you might also need a watchband link removal tool (as I did to remove 2 per side) or take it somewhere for that. If removing links is new to you, check out the forum tutorial which was helpful to me. A Bergeon tool made the job easy with no resulting damage or scratches!

Great, thanks for the info. I never saw the GWA1000FC-5A. Maybe thats the way to go. Seems like its the best of both worlds. This available in the US? However, for that price I could move up to the GWA1100, right?

lvt

I found this A1000 more dressy and better visibility when it comes to tell time.

Name:  Casio-G-Shock-GWA1000D-1A.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  83.3 KB
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Resin bands are fine, but I love the composite band. It's lighter and more comfortable than the all metal band and easier to take on and off than a resin band. I only have one G with a resin band now - my frogman, all the others have the composite band.

Name:  GW-A1100.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_7790.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  63.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_7792.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  66.0 KB
    lvt likes this.
    AQ4020-54X / 03E
    GF-8251K, GMW-B5000TB/TFC/TCM,