GWF-1000-1JF question

Thread: GWF-1000-1JF question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GWF-1000-1JF question

okay guys here is one for you.back when these first came out I purchased one new from katsu and loved it.but in a moment of sheer insanity I sold it and knew I screwed up the second I left the P.O.
    okay so I pick up another Exact same version last week used but for a pretty good price,the guy enlarged several holes on the strap but hey not a dealbreaker by a longshot.today was the first time I sat down and inspected the watch carefully and wore it and noticed there are 4 pronounced nicks in the Xstal near and around moon phase indicator,they are visable to the naked eye and this
    atomic frog was described as perfect.however for the 415.00 aquistion price should I just consider it something that goes with the territory on a good deal for a great watch.
    on the flip side my old frog did not sync once,this one catches fort collins every night at 4.04.
    and is there any product out there that could be utilized to say reduce these nicks?any help greatly appreciated.

CHEERS
    john
    Last edited by blondygirl69; August 10th, 2010 at 05:49.

Re: GWF-1000-1JF question

Depending on how bad the damage bothers you and how much you love the watch its totally your call on this one. If it were me and the damage was noticeable I'd definately ask for a full refund. No matter what the price was, the item should be as described. $415 is a great price, but ask yourself, if you did know the watch was damaged would you still have purchased it? Or would you have saved up the extra $150 + or - for a BNIB GWF-1000?
    Last edited by too solid; August 10th, 2010 at 06:15.

Quote Originally Posted by blondygirl69 View Post
    atomic frog was described as perfect.however for the 415.00 aquistion price should I just consider it something that goes with the territory on a good deal for a great watch.
    Personally I would ask for a refund - I don't think it's right for a seller to mis-represent what they're selling.

Since you're looking for a way to fix the xstal - clearly this bothers you a little. I would ask for additional money off - maybe refund of an additional $30 - $50. Or ask for a refund.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The seller should stand by his description. If he said it was in good condition with no mention of the scratched crystal he should be glad to offer a full refund.

You will undoubtably be able to pick one up in mint condition in the near future at this sort of price.

A scratched crystal is a big deal on a 'G' as it cannot really be fixed succesfully and if you have gone to the trouble of posting this I think you will never be completely happy with the purchase.

Mitch

thanks guys for the imput,really appreciated.I have decided to contact the seller and give him a heads up and see if we can work something out.
    if I could find a product out there that would maybe mute the knicks a little I would be REAL happy,but on a mineral Xstal prob not gonna happen.besides a seller refund only option would be to send to higuchi for new Xstal and a pressure test which in all probability would negate the savings.

CHEERS
    john

after leaving an e-mail yesterday to the seller his response was,I did not notice it when I took the scans.
    so today(12 hrs ago) after leaving him a voice message to call me at my cell and an e-mail to contact me via e-mail nothing.
    to bad since he seems to have been around a while.after some further attempts tommorow I will give him some more time and if nothing I will just post the guy in the section of bad dealers or deals,anyone know where that is on WUS?is your Rep really worth 415.00,what the h*ll.

CHEERS
    john

okay so I pick up another Exact same version last week used but for a pretty good price [...] today was the first time I sat down and inspected the watch carefully [...] and noticed there are 4 pronounced nicks in the Xstal near and around moon phase indicator,they are visable to the naked eye and this atomic frog was described as perfect.
    You should inspect the watch immediately on receipt, Not the next week. The knicks are pronounced and visible to the naked eye, but you only noticed them when you inspected the watch carefully? And 'described as perfect'? It has holes enlarged. Anyway description has little practical meaning- high res photos are what counts and if the listing didn't have them, you took a gamble buying without asking for them. I'm not giving an opinion on what the seller should or shouldn't do, but this doesn't seem as one-sided to me as you think.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

no tom,its pretty one sided.did I recieve the watch last week,yeah,did I wear it once yesterday,yeah.can you see the nicks when you read the time yeah.did I put the nicks in there,no.did the bezel suffer from some heavy wear from previous owner,yeah.was any of this described other than the enlarged holes in strap,no.did the watch come overnight Fed Ex that I paid an extra 20.00 for yeah,was the box and shipping material it came in a joke,i.e. printer paper instead of bubble wrap,crumpled box that something else was shipped in,but hey me and the seller are probably 50/50 on this one ha.

john
    Last edited by blondygirl69; August 14th, 2010 at 06:26.

no tom,its pretty one sided.did i recieve the watch last week,yeah,did i wear it once yesterday,yeah.can you see the nicks when you read the time yeah.did i put the nicks in there,no.did the bezel suffer from some heavy wear from previous owner,yeah.was any of this described other than the enlarged holes in strap,no.did the watch come overnight fed ex that i paid an extra 20.00 for yeah,was the box and shipping material it came in a joke,i.e. Printer paper instead of bubble wrap,crumpled box that something else was shipped in,but hey me and the seller are probably 50/50 on this one ha.

John
    ok.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

I have a Dawn Black Frog that I might sell soon. Its mint until you go to change a strap and then you would see the little scratch on one lug. I scratched it when changing the DB strap for GG straps. I would include this in the description even though it might never be noticed its there and I would want to know if I was buying it myself. I always worry about getting something that is not as good as described so far all my purchases here have been great.

I find it strange that selling a GWF Frog would not notice scratches on the crystal. I look very very closely at anything before I put it on the sales forum.
    Last edited by JERSTERCA; August 14th, 2010 at 08:24.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information