GWF-1000MM re-released!
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GWF-1000MM re-released!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GWF-1000MM re-released!

Folks,

I am not sure if this one gets posted.

Check this out!
    GWF-1000MM re-released with a tiny change in design. Very tiny, I would say.

http://ronherman.jp/whatsnew_detail.php?id=115

Edit: Translation link doesn't work.
    Last edited by EasternMikey; August 13th, 2013 at 16:49.
    azpops likes this.

LUW

Re: GWF-1000MM re-released!

Just one unit and will be sold by lottery:
    Thank you for the many inquiries. The mastermindJAPAN FROGMAN as a collaboration of the last in the Ron Herman

$ 1,029.6
    Will be released in Sendagaya shop. We ask that you please contact group on the check the contents below to find out more detail it will be sold by lottery apply for advance this time. In addition, you will be set to the following set your location to be when you wish to purchase your application. August 18 (Sunday), Registration day will be Sunday 25 August release date. You then I asked you if you note dates are different each. Will be aimed at users who had you set the location of the map of ★ 00 to 7:30 (Sun) am7 18 August. 7:30 later, your name, contact information, to the designated application form to customers who had you set in the time have you fill in your email address. Depending on the situation sequence of your day, if you have been earlier than the set time guidance of application acceptance, too.In addition, I present your (passport or driver's license) public identification face with the photos when you apply, so I will carry out identification. We will contact you by e-mail from this place until Thursday 22 August To the visitor who had been elected after the lottery. I will guide you through the details about the selling time and gatherings of Sunday 25 August at that time. ※ lottery location is non smoking. I will consider it as a prohibited food and beverage. ※ Because it becomes the inconvenience in the neighborhood, please refrain from having you gather at the meeting place at 7:00 on the day before your application. ※ I ask the domain specified "@ ronherman.jp" The person you started to make the settings to refuse non-specified e-mail. ※ It should be once per person for your application. Will be disabled when you apply more than one agency and is discovered. In addition, it is the sale of 1 point per person. ※ If you Do not have an official ID card at the time of signing up, I will refrain from your application. ※ I expected from a plurality of locations by the congestion situation of the day you apply. At that time, that it is not necessarily the guidance of the street sequence your order, please understand. * There is a change in the design which are part publication. Character "INTERVAL" "DIVE TIME in the liquid crystal in the" each will be WHITE.
    Last edited by LUW; August 13th, 2013 at 03:21.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Everything is black and white now... pricetag is 99,750 yen, (about $1000 / 650 / 700)

I wonder how many they're making this time... this is basically bad news for the original mastermind frog owners? It must be frustrating to know that they've basically decreased your frog's exclusivity value overnight, I mean you can't exactly call this an exciting new model with that minor change in aesthetic (assuming everything else is the same) :)

Mind you, it's still in lottery format and has a strict one per customer policy but I think we'll be seeing them on ebay soon enough :)

Sent from the 'droid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bad move, greedy on their part, and pretty lame for calling attention to this very minor change in the design. But..... what do they care, they are going out of business anyway, they might as well make what money they can.

There were only 200 of the original MM frogman watches released. They were very expensive and very hard to find. I had a chance to buy number 003/200 once, but I passed on it since the 1000 series frogs are too big for me. I would have been pretty uspet about this re-release if I had bought that original one.

Part of what you are paying for when you buy a limited edition is the fact that it is LIMITED. Especially for models with a number engraved on the back. 003/200 means you have the third of only 200 ever made. That implies that no more than 200 will ever be made. Some people like the idea of having something that is somewhat exclusive, that they won't run into anyone else with the same watch. To say to your customers that you are going to make some more, and oh by the way you changed the color of some of the letters so it is "different" is both lazy design work and shows the power of greed over honesty. Yeah, it's TECHNICALLY not the same watch, but we all know what you are doing.

Shame on you, Mastermind, and shame on Casio for allowing this.

lvt

I'm not a biologist, can someone please tell me what is the main update of the new frog vs the old one ?
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    I'm not a biologist, can someone please tell me what is the main update of the new frog vs the old one ?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376366788.702657.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  212.8 KB

GWF-1000MM re-released!

The owners of original ones would be pissed, hearing this.

I knew 2 guys got these original ones 2 months ago from a collector in Japan for $7,500 -$8,000 each.

Did that Japanese collector know this months ago? BTW, there is another original mastermind frog on Japan Yahoo Auctions right now.

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u53024882

So how do you buy this watch?

"Cheers"
    KD

Fully trained and certified Desk Diver

Definitely not a good move.

If Casio want people to keep shelling out big sums for limited edition watches then they should not put doubts in their mind about whether they will reissue the model. Casio's profit margins on these limited edition watches must be huge. They don't cost that much more to produce after all.

Collectors take a risk when they buy these limited editions. The don't all increase in value and if the ones that do, get reissued why would a collector shell out.

Casio have done this before. They issued the DW-8200NT in a numbered limited edition of 1000 and then issued an unnumbered identical watch, the DW-8200NT2 later under consumer pressure. The DW-8200s still make very good money but would fetch quite a bit more if it wasn't for the reissue.

I think the person who paid $8700 for a Mastermind two weeks ago will be feeling pretty pissed off at the moment.

新品未使用 G-SHOCK x mastermind FROGMAN  フ.ッグマン - ヤフオク!

Mitch

Also the subcrew 6900. The first 100 were numbered on the caseback, and then they made a bunch more that were not numbered. That is not exactly the same thing, because they all came out at the same time, but it is slightly deceptive. Someone might see online that there are only 100 made, and rush to buy one, not realizing that there are actually many more than that.

Jordan brand does "retro" releases of their popular shoes. They tweak some little detail here and there, and people line up for hours to buy them, because it's the first chance in 5 or 10 or 15 years to get that particular style of shoe and no one wants to miss out. I was never a part of that community, (I don't wear basketball shoes) but I had friends who collected Jordans and would get really into a particular color/style.

I have no problem with MM releasing another atomic frogman, but they should have really changed the design. This is the same watch with a detail that only a VERY small percentage of people would even notice without a magnifying glass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information