GWG-1000-1A1 Limited Edition. Now with Maharishi content.
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: GWG-1000-1A1 Limited Edition. Now with Maharishi content.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GWG-1000-1A1 Limited Edition. Now with Maharishi content.

Here is a watch I have recently received the GWG-1000-1A1 Mudmaster.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/REabpr][/url

This is a limited edition model and is number 4 of 200 and was issued a few months ago

The watch is a standard GWG-1000-1A1, I am not sure why Casio have not made it more special in some way, it seems an odd way of issuing a limited edition in my view, to just rely on the packaging to make it different.

The GWG-1000 has been around three or four years now and have proven popular even though they bear a high price This GWG-1000-1A1 ‘stealth’ model was issued less than a year ago and is a ‘rest of the world’ issue and is not sold in Japan. RRP is £660, though you should be able to beat this fairly easily if you look around.

The watch is one of Casio’s more upmarket models, going along with its trend to issue complicated largely analogue models controlled by buttons and a large ‘smart’ crown.

As well as being shock resistant this is said by Casio to be Vibration Resistant and Mud and Dust resistant.

“Adopts vibration resistant structure that can withstand the use of large-sized equipment such as electric cutters, crushers, and drills to eliminate huge obstacles. In addition, we developed a new dustproof and mud proof structure required for missions in soil and mud and equipped with a mud resist structure. By installing a number of gaskets on the buttons, shafts, and pipes that guard the buttons, it prevents mud from entering. In addition to the role of guarding the button from impact, the pipe is structured to enhance the operability of the button. The crown is screw-lock type, but the pressure inside the packing and screwing realizes a mud resist structure. We also have a new structure that allows you to visually confirm the lack of tightening

New mud resist structure.

A cylinder-shaped guard structure is adopted for all buttons, and a button shaft and a gasket are mounted inside the cylinder. In addition to preventing the entry of dirt and dust from the button section, it also contributes to shock mitigation. In addition, a highly airtight screw lock type is adopted for the crown. Mount a gasket on the joint surface with the case to ensure excellent dust and dirt resistance”

Here are the (voluminous) specs copied from Casio’s own description.

• Full-Auto LED light
      A twist of the wrist in weak light conditions automatically lights up the display backlight.
    • Shock-resistant
      Shock-resistant construction protects against impact and vibration.
    • Mud-resistant case
      Dirt- and mud-resistant construction keeps mud and dirt from getting into the watch.
    • Vibration-resistant
      alphaGEL elements surround the watch, making it even more resistant to shocks and vibrations. alphaGEL is a silicone material. It is extremely flexible and has a cushioning effect on the module.
    • Solar Power
      A solar cell provides power for operation.
    • Radio signal reception (EU, USA, Japan, China)
      Whether in Europe, North America and Japan or in the outer reaches of Canada, Central America and China - once the watch has been set to the local time, it receives the relevant signal and shows the correct time wherever you are. In many countries, it also sets itself automatically to summer and winter time.
    • Neo-display
      A luminous coating provides long-term illumination in the dark after only a short exposure to light.
    • Digital-compass
      A built-in direction sensor detects the magnetic north.
    • 10,000 m Altimeter
      A pressure sensor detects changes in the air pressure and converts the result into an altitude up to 10,000 m.
    • Height Gain
      The height gain sums all the meters you have climbed in a session, so that you can see at a glance the total ascent on a tour.
    • Altimeter data memory
      Depending on the model, up to 40 sets of elevation data can be stored in the watch's data memory and re-accessed at any time. Each of these data sets consists of a measured altitude as well as the date and time. In addition to the individual altitudes, the maximum and minimum altitudes during a measurement are also stored.
    • Barometer (260 / 1.100 hPa)
      A special sensor measures the air pressure (measuring range: 260/1100 hPa) and presents this on the display in the form of a symbol. This enables early detection of weather trends.
    • Thermometer (-10°C / +60°C)
      A sensor measures the ambient temperature around the watch and displays it in °C (-10°C /+60°C).
    • World time function
      Displays the current time in major cities and specific areas around the world.
    • Stopwatch function - 1/100 sec. - 24 hours
      Elapsed time, split time and final time are measured with 1/100-sec accuracy. The watch can measure times of up to 24 hours.
    • Timer - 1/1 min. - 1 hour
      For fans of precision: the countdown timers help you to remember specific or recurring events by giving off an audible signal at a preset time. The time can be set to the nearest minute and up to 1 hour in advance.
    • 5 daily alarms
      The daily alarm reminds you about recurring events with an acoustic signal at the time you have set. This model has 5 independent alarms for flexible reminders of important appointments.
    • Automatic hand adjustment
      The automatic hand adjustment function checks the home position of the hands every hour and corrects it if necessary — either by adjusting e.g. from shocks or using the influence of magnetism.
    • Button tones on/off
      The button tones for using the mode button can be turned off. This means that the watch no longer beeps when switching from one function to another. Preset alarm or countdown timers remain active when the button tones are deactivated.
    • Hand Moving Function
      With a push of a button, hands are moving and permit a free visibility of functions like stopwatch or date.
    • Smart Access Technology
      Smart Access makes it easy to operate multi-function watches. Simply pulling out and rotating the crown provides intuitive control over all functions
    • Crown button lock
      Secures the crown button from accidental change to another mode of operation.
    • Automatic calendar with Date, Day and Month
      Once set, the automatic calendar always displays the correct date.
    • 12/24-hour timekeeping
      Times can be displayed in either a 12-hour or 24-hour format.
    • Sapphire crystal
      Artificially manufactured glass with the highest hardness and scratch resistance
    • Resin case
    • Resin band
      Synthetic resin is the ideal material for wrist straps thanks to its extremely durable and flexible properties.
    • Buckle
    • Battery level indicator
      An indicator shows the current battery level.
    • Water resistance classification (20 bar)
      Perfect for free diving without scuba gear: the watch is water resistant up to 20 bar according to ISO 22810.
    • Dimensions (H x W x D)
      59.5mm x 56.1mm x 18mm
    • Weight
      approx. 119 g

Of course the watch does other things as well, the hands will move out of the way automatically if you are using the digital display. You can set the watch to warn you of sudden changes in barometric pressure, you can set a reference altitude and the watch will show you the difference to current altitude, which can be useful as you trek to a certain point. There are many many recording functions, automatic recording of max height, low height etc. The manual reads like a book but like most things once you have used these functions a few times it becomes clear and useable.

The lume on these is poor with just the main hands illuminated, it does of course have dual LED’s for the lighting which light up the display as well as the face, making the watch highly legible in the dark.

Casio have really over engineered the watch, with its large buttons and protection everywhere, not many situations you are going to encounter where you would need this extra protection over that provided by a lesser G Shock. It helps to justify the price though and it is like having a 220 mph car over a mere 190 mph one, who will ever use it, though the car has to be expensively engineered to provide the extra speed.

I still don’t get why Casio have continued with the ‘smart’ crowns. However easy they are to use, they will never be as easy to use to operate the functions as simple buttons on their own. Again, I suppose Casio figures it pushes the watch up market and helps to justify the cost. More complication though, more expensive to manufacture and another possible point of failure. Casio moving away from the original G Shock concept of ultimate toughness, reliability and ease of use. What do I know though, Casio have been massively increasing G Shock sales over the last decade or so as they have diversified it throughout the various market segments.

So a tough and rugged looking watch that delivers what its looks indicate and the sapphire is nice on a day to day watch.

The strap is very wide and seats the watch well on the wrist

It is a huge watch but it suits its functions and big G Shocks seem to be what people what given the huge increase in sales of what was already an incredible seller.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; April 10th, 2019 at 19:22.
    Slm643, WES51, GaryK30 and 11 others like this.

CC

Re: GWG-1000-1A1 Limited Edition.

Yup, shame they didn't give the watch some distinction.
    Even a numbered keeper like the diver knife Froggy.

Mine cost me £300(ish) which is a bargain for a full pedigree Muddy.

Enjoy it. I like it more than I thought I would with its stealthy look.
    brandon\ likes this.

Great little review there, nice photos
    Dennis
    G-Shocks
    GW-M5610-1ER.......GW-M5610-1BJF
    GW-7900-1ER..........GA-201-1AER
    GX-56BB-1ER...........
    DW-5600HRGRZ-1ER
    GD-100-1AER
    Citizen promaster AJ0100-02E
    + Various other makes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That looks like a really nice case, but I could never understand making a “limited edition” based on packaging alone...

In any case, great review, and very nice watch. Congrats!!! They don’t get much bigger, bolder, and stealthier than the GWG-1000-1A1!
    Deepsea_dweller and Dxnnis like this.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GWR-B1000X-1A, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000G-1, GWF-D1000MB-3JF, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GXW-56BB-1JF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

It is a very nice watch though @Mitch100, and a very honest and straight to the point eeview. But i have to admit, that it looks like the sort of watch i would purchase just because i like the case it comes in. Change the foam in the bottom of it new cut outs and have a couple of mud masters in it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Dxnnis likes this.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Munki View Post
    It is a very nice watch though @Mitch100, and a very honest and straight to the point eeview. But i have to admit, that it looks like the sort of watch i would purchase just because i like the case it comes in. Change the foam in the bottom of it new cut outs and have a couple of mud masters in it

Or some Froggies...

Name:  G-Shock-Frogman-GWF-D1000B-1LTD-WATCH-DIVERS-KNIFE-AND-HARD.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  28.7 KB
    Drunken_Munki and Dxnnis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Or some Froggies...

Name:  G-Shock-Frogman-GWF-D1000B-1LTD-WATCH-DIVERS-KNIFE-AND-HARD.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  28.7 KB
    Now that is impressive that knife is very pretty as well I could imagine 4 sitting behind that, I bet that was an expensive set

Dxnnis likes this.

Amazingly enough there was the Froggi set for 699€.
    It was cheaper than the "normal" one.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Servus View Post
    Amazingly enough there was the Froggi set for 699€.
    It was cheaper than the "normal" one.

Kind regards
    Wow was that when this set was released? I've only seen 2 of these sets for sale in the UK before @cc shared this image but that was from some reseller who had them both priced at £1300

https://www.43einhalb.com/g-shock-ma...b-1-ltd-262504

That was the official selling price.

Kind regards
    Dxnnis likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast