GWG-1000 hands alignment issue?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: GWG-1000 hands alignment issue?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GWG-1000 hands alignment issue?

Have any of you Mudmaster owners also experienced an issue with the hand adjust feature? Mine is brand new and I noticed the hands being slightly out of alignment. So I tried several times the hand adjustment procedure as described in the manual. It improved some but I still can't get the minute hand to align 100% (hard to see in pic). What I also noticed is that the seconds hand hits the indices perfectly on the first 15 seconds or so, but in the other 45seconds it seems to have more or less a little trouble hitting them exactly. Are this common issues???

My Gulfmaster has perfect hands alignment. Absolute benchmark in my collection. So maybe I am spoiled and this is normal with the Mudmaster and most people don't care since it is such an awesome watch? I would appreciate your feedback to give me a better perspective on this issue.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  171.5 KB

Re: GWG-1000 hands alignment issue?

I've noticed the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by chefla View Post
    Have any of you Mudmaster owners also experienced an issue with the hand adjust feature? Mine is brand new and I noticed the hands being slightly out of alignment. So I tried several times the hand adjustment procedure as described in the manual. It improved some but I still can't get the minute hand to align 100% (hard to see in pic). What I also noticed is that the seconds hand hits the indices perfectly on the first 15 seconds or so, but in the other 45seconds it seems to have more or less a little trouble hitting them exactly. Are this common issues???

My Gulfmaster has perfect hands alignment. Absolute benchmark in my collection. So maybe I am spoiled and this is normal with the Mudmaster and most people don't care since it is such an awesome watch? I would appreciate your feedback to give me a better perspective on this issue.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  171.5 KB
    Seems to be perfect!
    Can you post a photo of caseback?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    WES51 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's not unusual for the hands on current model Tough Movement watches to be slightly misaligned. I'd say the alignment on your Mudmaster is pretty good.

There is a ZJAZZ procedure to align the minute and hour hands on these watches, but it only works in one-step increments. The minute hand on your MM is slow just a fraction of a step, so this procedure is of no use in your case.
    WES51 and StephenWatch like this.

That looks pretty dang good to me. Nothing is perfect perfect perfect perfect.
    WES51 and brandon\ like this.

Seeing that on my Gulfmasters too, slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by anto1980 View Post
    Seems to be perfect!
    Can you post a photo of caseback?

Not sure how that helps the hand alignment, which is pretty good but the watch is not a fake.
    WES51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    Not sure how that helps the hand alignment, which is pretty good but the watch is not a fake.
    I was curious to know if made in Japan or Thailand...

I've had many quartz analogue watches over the years and the second hand missing all/some of the indices has always been a problem. I can understand it missing all of them by a millimeter or so but hitting some right on and missing others has always confounded me and others. Never have found a good answer for that particular issue. Otherwise, your two hands look pretty darn close.

This watch is made in Japan. The Gulfmaster with the perfect alignment was "cased in Thailand".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information