WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GWG-1000 serial number and factory code

37K views 83 replies 24 participants last post by  Time4Playnow 
#1 ·
Hi G friends.
I'm doing an analysis to see if there are several production factories for the GWG-1000 and if really does exists the Made in Japan or if they are all Cased in Thailand.
Seems the first number of serial identify the factory so I seen 5-6 models. Where the serial begins with “201”, the back plate says “JAPAN H”.
Where the serial begins with “202” on the plate I seen “CASED IN THAILAND”.
So my questions are:
Really the Mudmaster is made in 2 different factory???
201 = Japan???
202 = Thailand???

Best Regards

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

#62 ·
Look at here. "GE" seems to be a new Japan factory! So means this watch is still in production! Can you post some good pics of front and side? [emoji3577]

Maybe the new plant in Yamagata that was finished april last year?

https://world.casio.com/news/2018/0424_yamagata_en/

Here is a pic of the dial of mine. I have decided to return it and buy a new one from another dealer.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#57 ·
#68 ·
I posted the other day in a necro...

But I too just received my GWG-1000-1AJF from a 3rd Party Amazon seller - Discount Shops USA(located in Connecticut)

Has Japan GE on the back.

221D178I - June 27 2019
96CE09

Can't get a good shot of the batch and serial though.

Seems legit. Black box...

Attachments

#69 ·
Brand new here, first time posting to a forum anywhere! Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Just got my GWG-1000, already have the camo band on 😁. It seems that I have one of the new GE versions, I've noticed the new caseback seems to be laser etched vs the stamped caseback used before, not sure if anyone else noticed that yet.

My date stamp starts with 221C not 221D, does anyone have any idea what this means? I know I have the DR version of the watch.

Attachments

#71 ·
That's the factory code. Yours was produced on 5-20-19 at factory 221C. Looks like we have a triplet! There's another member here with the same factory code and model in the gwg1000 counting thread.

View attachment 14895531

View attachment 14895533
Oh wow same date, that's cool!

Thanks for the reply, I knew about the factory code and date but was wondering what the difference between 221C and 221D was, surely they can't be different factories maybe different lines within the 221 factory?

Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine! Now to find a Maharishi at a reasonable price...

#72 · (Edited)
Friends, those are some beautiful pieces. Congrats!

Catching up with some of the information here, it appears to me that Casio has indeed recently added a unique identifier AKA serial number to the production date code.

Indeed me coming form a 2015 year model PRW 6000, that already has such a production number AND serial number combo, I was surprised to find that my Mudmaster of the same time period 'only' had the date code. I recall having taken the wings and band off to see if I could find something under there, but no available.

All that is history now, since Casio has apparently added a serial number for the Mudmaster as well, which could be a good thing. I don't miss it on the earlier models, but it is a nice thing to have now. The new Japan GE designation instead of Japan H may remain still a bit of a mystery, perhaps it is was done to keep the minds of fans busy.

:D

Here a picture of my PRW6000:

#75 ·
Hi, I'll appreciate all help with this Mudmaster that I just bought in used condition from a good reputation local seller.

My concern is the factory number is not 221 or another that I've seen in this thread. Also the this is the only number engraved and is very lightly engraved.

What do you guys and gals think? Worrying too much?

#76 ·
Hi G friends.
I'm doing an analysis to see if there are several production factories for the GWG-1000 and if really does exists the Made in Japan or if they are all Cased in Thailand.
Seems the first number of serial identify the factory so I seen 5-6 models. Where the serial begins with "201", the back plate says "JAPAN H".
Where the serial begins with "202" on the plate I seen "CASED IN THAILAND".
So my questions are:
Really the Mudmaster is made in 2 different factory???
201 = Japan???
202 = Thailand???

Best Regards

Ok your golden, it's 100% Japanese made and cased, the H is for the factory. Mine says Japan GE, it doesn't say cases in Thailand. Me personally if I'm spending a rack on a watch I want it not made in a third world toilet. Anyway I called Cassio USA last week and asked them they'll could not give me an answer, but today they sent me an email. To make the email short, if all you see is Japan that's where it was made and cased. The GE I found out means it was imported from Japan for world sale. If your watch says JDM that's Japan made for Japan even better. But hey I'm just glade mine did not see Thailand lol. And I know people are gonna say, Thailand is a new company and they follow gshock standards which I'm sure is true. At the same time they make a buck a day or some crap so it's doubtful pride is taken in there work. Japan is an awesome country, beautiful people and culture. They make top notch everything, and the wages are good. Anyway hope this helps you, congrats on that watch I love it!

#80 · (Edited)
Batch codes can be found on the back of models with ToughSolar. The batch code specifies the factory and production year & day

Factory code Day of the year Year
e.g. Mudmaster GWG-1000
201C 324 F​
Factory 201C
=> Japan

001A - Japan
001B - Japan
001C - Japan
001D - Japan
002A - Thailand
003A - China
004A - China
201A - Japan
201B - Japan
201C - Japan
201D - Japan
201E - Japan
202A - Thailand
204A - China
211B - Japan
212A - Thailand
221B - Japan
221C - Japan
221D - Japan
222A - Thailand
302A - Thailand
304Y - China
G21D - Japan
Day 324
=> november 19th

Day of the year calculator
(because the GWG was not released in 2006)

A => 2001 / 2011 / 2021
B => 2002 / 2012
C => 2003 / 2013
D => 2004 / 2014
E => 2005 / 2015
F => 2006 / 2016
G => 2007 / 2017
H => 2008 / 2018
I => 2009 / 2019
J => 2010 / 2020

Mine is on the way produced March 6 2021 and made in Japan

Currency Money handling Artifact Money Nickel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.