GWG Mudmaster frozen second hand
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: GWG Mudmaster frozen second hand

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

GWG Mudmaster frozen second hand

Had watch one year this month, second hand is frozen and about 4 second mark, nothing seems to make it move.

Trying to find out how long the warranty is, bought new from out of state dealer.

Anyone else or insight appreciated...nearly $600 large for a broken watch if not happy customer.

Anyone have ANY idea where to get warranty service??? Anything in the US????
    Last edited by 17 Oaks; August 24th, 2017 at 19:53.
    Don
    Old Soldier
    Vietnam '67-'68

Re: GWG Mudmaster frozen second hand

Google Casio Service in Dover New Jersey. Helpful of the phone with insurance information. Reports here of quality service there.
    StephenWatch likes this.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
    Had watch one year this month, second hand is frozen and about 4 second mark, nothing seems to make it move.
    My heart sank on reading this - have owned mine now for just a few weeks but have now read a few posts relating to issues of a 'frozen second hand'. I just hope mine survives OK as it was bought privately off Ebay, so I know Casio will just wriggle out of any warranty claim. Hope it all works out for you...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, just got this:

Thank you for contacting Casio America.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your GWG1000. If you would like to send it in please follow the instructions below for repair: You may visit our on-line service processing system at https://ecasiorepair.casio.com/ to register your repair request.

1) Package your product carefully to prevent additional damages to the product.
    2) Ship your product to:

Casio Factory Service Center
    570 Mt. Pleasant Ave.
    Dover, NJ 07801
    3) Provide a description of the problem you are experiencing and your full name, shipping address and daytime phone number in case we need to reach you.
    We suggest that your return address is also prominently visible on the outside of the package.
    4) Due to the possibility of damage or loss, we recommend insured shipping via FedEx, UPS or US Postal Service.
    Casio is not responsible for lost or damaged packages in transit from the customer.
    5) Please note your product model, serial numbers and tracking information for your own records.

If you are claiming warranty service, please send a copy of a valid proof of purchase (sale’s receipt or packing invoice) with your product. Warranty is for one year from the date of purchase.
    Warranty consideration is subject to evaluation by our technicians. Please refer to the Casio Limited Warranty card that came with your product or click on the following link Contact Us - Support | Casio USA.
    In the event that your product can not be covered under warranty, we will issue a written repair estimate for your approval before any work can be started.
    Thank you for choosing CASIO AMERICA. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    Erika
    Don
    Old Soldier
    Vietnam '67-'68

Some Casio watches get an extra year of warranty if you register the watch online, but I don't know if you can do this after the original warranty has expired. I did this with my Pro Trek PRW-S6000 right after I received it. Also, this extra warranty and the original warranty may only apply if you bought the watch from an authorized dealer.

One other thought: if you bought the watch with a credit card, many of them will double the manufacturer's warranty. I've used this feature before on a Visa card, and it worked well.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.
    Last edited by GaryK30; August 24th, 2017 at 23:02.
    Time4Playnow and WES51 like this.

Not to turn this into a "Rangeman lug" scenario, but is this issue as frequent as it seems, or does it just seem that way because I'm on here so much?

Kind of sours me on the possibility of ever owning one. Again, I'm not bashing, or saying this "always" happens, so don't get out the flame throwers, lol.

I hope your warranty covers it though. That really stinks.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Quote Originally Posted by Prdrers View Post
    Not to turn this into a "Rangeman lug" scenario, but is this issue as frequent as it seems, or does it just seem that way because I'm on here so much?

Kind of sours me on the possibility of ever owning one. Again, I'm not bashing, or saying this "always" happens, so don't get out the flame throwers, lol.

I hope your warranty covers it though. That really stinks.

We should start a thread here (really we should !) about this GWG second hand issue. To make a claim of such a fault you also have to/or have registered in Piowa's counting thread. Then we can get a percentage of issue occurring in our universe.
    Queen6 likes this.

Timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by MainePorsche View Post
    We should start a thread here (really we should !) about this GWG second hand issue. To make a claim of such a fault you also have to/or have registered in Piowa's counting thread. Then we can get a percentage of issue occurring in our universe.
    Lol, I don't want to be responsible for that. I am curious, though. I'm sure it's a small percentage, but I'm afraid I'd be in that small percentage if I bought one lol.

Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Lol, I don't want to be responsible for that. I am curious, though. I'm sure it's a small percentage, but I'm afraid I'd be in that small percentage if I bought one lol.

Maybe.. But probably not. Live dangerously! I currently own 3 Mudmasters. Have owned 5-6. Knock on wood, never experienced this problem.

I think the problem has shown up infrequently here. It certainly is not "common," by any means. And I don't think it's NEARLY the problem that the Gv2 hour hand issue was. (and still probably is)

That said if you are really concerned about it, recommend buying it from an auth dealer to get the manufacturer's warranty. (or from Amazon w/the 2-yr warranty from Asurion)

Currently 278 Mudmaster watches counted and owned by members of our forum. I'm guessing we've heard of less than 10 instances of this happening. Maybe far less than 10? Admittedly don't know for sure. I agree a thread on this issue might be a good idea...
    Fergfour likes this.

No need to be responsible for it. It'll be posted up with the inclusion terms (which can be verified by the tenacity of Piowa's work on his counting thread(s)). After incoming posts 'dry up', numerator divided by denominator, multiplied by 100 and there's our universe's percentage. Would like to hear if other GWG owners will help keep watch over this.
    Last edited by MainePorsche; August 25th, 2017 at 02:06.
    Queen6 likes this.

Timepieces

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast