GWM-5600BC Discontinued

Thread: GWM-5600BC Discontinued

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation GWM-5600BC Discontinued

Had ordered and was building anticipation only to recieve an email saying they were out of stock and there supplier had said that Casio have discontinued this model, anyone else heard this or have any insider info ? ? Checked a few other online sources and it seems alot of them are out of stock, Can this really be true ? ?

Mairtin

GW-9400 Rangeman
    GW-9300 Mudman
    GWM-5600BC
    GW-S5600

CASIO BM-100WJ
    GW-9200MBJ Riseman MIMB
    GW-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    Protrek PRT-500
    Protrek PRG-130
    Citizen Skyhawk A-T (Japanese Titanium version) PMV65-2241
    Breitling Superocean (A17360)
    Breitling B-1 SQ
    Polar AXN500

Re: GWM-5600BC Discontinued

what? anybody can confirm this..........

well, that makes me want my grail G more and more............

sml

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Strange that a year-old model should be discontinued so suddenly, when some comparatively older models are still very much available. Well, if it's no longer being made, Seiya shouldn't be having it in the first place.

It's possible that the supplier you asked is just planning to jack up prices (tsk tsk), hence the claim that the GW-M5600BC has been 'discontinued' in order to give the illusion of rarity. Since it's merely out of stock elsewhere, all you have to do is wait a little while for these sources to restock; for all we know, the increased demand from WUS members could actually be the cause of the supply shortage!

Just checked with Amazon, shopemco has them in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Multi-Band-Atomic-GWM5600BC-1/dp/B0019FJKZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1234961677&sr=1-2
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 23rd, 2009 at 05:09.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Yes, I got the same thing in mind, Bogeyman.
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Lightbulb Re: GWM-5600BC Discontinued

Casio discontinued the GWM5600BC-1 a long time ago: http://www.casio.com/products/archiv...k/GWM5600BC-1/

In fact, Casio discontinued the GWM5600BC-1 only two or three months after its original release in the U.S.

Keep in mind that there are two other versions of this watch - a Japanese version and a European version. I don't know whether Casio has discontinued the other versions.

All three versions seem identical, but there are three different model numbers.
    "I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

Hmm. Got mine here in the UK just over a week ago, when there were 4 in stock. Sadly, the supplier is now out of stock.

Although I didn't realise it at the time, it seems you've got to be quick to grab one of these babies...

(Mind you, the UK is probably one of the worst places to look for a G (can't find a DW-5600 at any price) - and just about everything else too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Strange that a year-old model should be discontinued so suddenly, when some comparatively older models are still very much available.
    My thoughts too, unless Casio realised there was a major fault in the design resulting in many repairs or failures, but we haven't heard of any.

You'd also think this model would a be a good seller. Seems a bit sus.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    My thoughts too, unless Casio realised there was a major fault in the design resulting in many repairs or failures, but we haven't heard of any.

You'd also think this model would a be a good seller. Seems a bit sus.
    TBH, bluegum, whatever the reason, I think you're being a bit pessimistic. I'm sure we'd have heard about it here if there was a definite problem. Besides, there's nothing inherently different about the 5600BC to warrant suspicions about quality. I'm sure Casio have made enough 5600's to have got the hang of making them by now (isolated examples notwithstanding - even a company like Rolex gets those)

I agree that it should be/is a good seller and a worthy addition to the 5600 series. I got mine on the strength of DougFNJ's review (Thanks, Doug!) My theory is that it's a marketing ploy of some kind - in much the same way I can't get a 5600E from a UK supplier. But scarcity increases demand. I'd be interested to know whether Casio have done this in the past with other models...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post

(Mind you, the UK is probably one of the worst places to look for a G (can't find a DW-5600 at any price) - and just about everything else too...
    I've found them in the UK before, but not at prices a sane man would pay.

Look at this, half price too! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-G-Shock-Standard-Digital-Watch/dp/B000V7LEO8/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&s=watch&qid=1235416290&sr=8-44
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information