GWM-B5000 Titanium - Page 24
Like Tree3340Likes

Thread: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Page 24 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast

re: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Iím no titanium watch expert but expected less than 110 gms is that similar to other brands also what grade titanium , there is a wide range of grading.

Quote Originally Posted by pablobell View Post
    Thatís not fair. This is a $200 Watch in *very* sexy clothing.
    Ok agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Badger18 View Post
    Iím no titanium watch expert but expected less than 110 gms is that similar to other brands also what grade titanium , there is a wide range of grading.
    I have a Citizen PMD56-2952 that's all titanium. On the factory bracelet, at full length, it was 95g. After sizing the bracelet it now weighs 87g. The G's case is thicker, steel spring bars in every link are going to be heavier than steel pins like in my bracelet, and I've read the bracelets (on the steel models anyhow) are really long, so 110g seems very reasonable to me.

My Citizen is nearly 1/3rd the price of the ti square...and it's similar in many ways: has an anti-shock system (tho the G is undoubtably tougher), solar powered, radio controlled, perpetual calendar, sapphire glass, 200m water resistance, but comes with a tool less quick adjust clasp and a fancy DuraTech surface hardening treatment to prevent scratches (and DLC finish can't cost more....I have a $35 pocket knife that's made in the USA with a DLC finish!). I paid $525 for the Citizen...which is a lot of money for a watch to me...hence why I won't be picking up a ti square at ~$1400. I would like one, especially in an "raw" Oceanus like finish, but I don't want one nearly bad enough for the price they're asking for it. Plus I've already got a steel square I like a lot.

Name:  Citizen Bracelet Sunny Day2.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  1.17 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Raw Titanium will scratch 100x easier than DLC coated Ti.
    Yes and no. My Sinn 103 is full titanium with a satin finish. The finish gets "scratched" or rather smothed out but I haven't gotten a deep scratch in it in the three years I've worn it. I don't baby my watches at all and have bumped plenty of things with it, including steel.
    Point is, the satin finish showing wear is perfectly fine by me. A DLC coating wearing off just looks absolutely terrible. I can live with scratches on a G-Shock but not with ones that show a differently coloured base metal on a 1k+ watch. For that price it'd need to be perfect for me anyway and a black square just doesn't do it for me in that regard. Sure, it's light as well but so are my 5610 and my 5600 and those won't show a different colour in their scratches. Plus I can put a bull bar on those.
    M3N911 and Nemo_Sandman like this.

Guys I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone might have any updates on this watch? According to at least one write up, this will not be a limited watch. However, speculation has people wondering if it will be limited.

I think I want to buy this watch, and I might be able to source one from Japan. But it will probably be full MSRP... which looks like $1500USD which is a lot of money.

I'd hate to buy this watch for $1500 only to discover a year later they are regularly going to 25%-40% off.....

Conversely, I'd hate to wait only to discover they are not available and the ones that are are being scalped for premiums....

Anybody have any advice or thoughts?

Will be regular production model and prices will drop eventually after an initial spaz out just like with all regular production GMW-B5000.
    Last edited by tomchicago; September 23rd, 2019 at 23:10.

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Guys I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone might have any updates on this watch? According to at least one write up, this will not be a limited watch. However, speculation has people wondering if it will be limited.

I think I want to buy this watch, and I might be able to source one from Japan. But it will probably be full MSRP... which looks like $1500USD which is a lot of money.

I'd hate to buy this watch for $1500 only to discover a year later they are regularly going to 25%-40% off.....

Conversely, I'd hate to wait only to discover they are not available and the ones that are are being scalped for premiums....

Anybody have any advice or thoughts?

I read somewhere in the forum that special/limited gshock tend to have an R at the end of the model # on the japanese site. The black IP had it to.

If you go to their japanese site for the Titanium they have it with an R.

https://products.g-shock.jp/_detail/GMW-B5000TB-1/

Just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Samurai View Post
    I read somewhere in the forum that special/limited gshock tend to have an R at the end of the model # on the japanese site. The black IP had it to.

Just my 2cents
    Think you are right... examples being;
    GW-T5030C-1JR
    GW-5000-1JF

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Samurai View Post

Just my 2cents
    I think even if limited, I may try to get one. For some reason this has the "classier" look for me, probably cause of the color scheme and the positive display. Love my full metal but it is a bit heavier than what I'm used to haha.
    tdinut and babyivan like this.

I was seriously considering an Apple Watch 5 but now I am dying to get one of these new titanium squares. I absolutely love the look.
    Last edited by tdinut; September 24th, 2019 at 04:52.

Page 24 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread Information