GWM-B5000 Titanium - Page 27
Like Tree3340Likes

Thread: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 127 ... LastLast

re: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post
    Any thought on who will take pre-orders? A few ADs I reached out to say its not available yet, but I haven't tried the G-Shock Boutiques yet.
    Update: Feldmar Watch is getting 3 of them. I secured 1, so 2 left. $1550 (as previously stated)

Marco at Feldmar couldnt say if it's gonna be a limited edition (like the TFC), limited production (like the Aged IP), or just a regular mass production model. If I had to guess, I would say the 2nd option.
    kubr1ck, monsters and Miklos86 like this.

I wonder if the bezel and bracelet are going to be available plentifully as spare parts, in the same manner the DLC black of the TFC has become a relatively popular mod in the GMW range, even though the TFC watches themselves are a rarity... If that is the case, for me the regular GMW-B5000D dressed in the greyish black titanium bezel and bracelet of the GMW-B5000TB is probably the most pleasing combination of anything in the GMW range so far. Granted, the case inside the bezel wouldn't be titanium, but the whole would still be significantly titan-cool-lighter (and imo look better, hehe). Just thinking out loud here, not actually going to go for the combo. In any case... I assume these would be compatible?
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    Update: Feldmar Watch is getting 3 of them. I secured 1, so 2 left. $1550 (as previously stated)

Marco at Feldmar couldnt say if it's gonna be a limited edition (like the TFC), limited production (like the Aged IP), or just a regular mass production model. If I had to guess, I would say the 2nd option.
    Well, if your guess is right then we have nothing to worry about. The aged IP version is already offered at a discount (ocarat.com, France, 20% off) despite being a recently released limited production model.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    babyivan and DaveATX like this.
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    Well, if your guess is right then we have nothing to worry about. The aged IP version is already offered at a discount (ocarat.com, France, 20% off) despite being a recently released limited production model.
    I wonder how many that site has in stock. I added over 20 into a cart and it didn't give me a max amount on hand. I did some research and was surprised to see there are new ones out there. A couple of sellers on Amazon for about a $1000.

But I think the specs of the titanium are FAR more desirable than the aged IP. 1: DLC vs. IP, 2: sapphire vs. mineral glass, 3: titanium vs ss (the biggest diff).

I was not a fan of the aged IP. I don't like buying something new that's meant to look old and beat up. And the negative display = no thanks.

The aged IP was kind of a flop.
    I'm not saying the new titanium will be the next "TFC", but even with the $1550 price tag, it should do well.

The one big negative I must say about the black titanium: Casio just made the same watch last year (which I do own), the 35th anniversary - DW5035.

One thing I am curious about; which one will emerge as the winner, the 5000c homage or the camo? Hmm...
    My wife thinks I should get the camo instead because it's more unique looking, but I just don't like negative displays.
    perfectlykevin likes this.

I wonder how many that site has in stock. I added over 20 into a cart and it didn't give me a max amount on hand. I did some research and was surprised to see there are new ones out there. A couple of sellers on Amazon for about a $1000.

But I think the specs of the titanium are FAR more desirable than the aged IP. 1: DLC vs. IP, 2: sapphire vs. mineral glass, 3: titanium vs ss (the biggest diff).

I was not a fan of the aged IP. I don't like buying something new that's meant to look old and beat up. And the negative display = no thanks.

The aged IP was kind of a flop.
    I'm not saying the new titanium will be the next "TFC", but even with the $1550 price tag, it should do well.

The one big negative I must say about the black titanium: Casio just made the same watch last year (which I do own), the 35th anniversary - DW5035.

One thing I am curious about; which one will emerge as the winner, the 5000c homage or the camo? Hmm...
    My wife thinks I should get the camo instead because it's more unique looking, but I just don't like negative displays.
    I was thinking the same thing, I already have the 35th aniv model, why do I need something that looks almost like it. I get it, it supposed to look like the first G, but do something different!

I think as much as I want a Ti square I will set this one out. Hoping they will do more models in the future, which I think is a given. When they did the limited run of the first Ti square it was basically a GW-5000 but in titanium, these should hopefully be available in more runs since they are releasing the camo version, which is part of a collection, plus, why go to the trouble of a titanium bracelet etc. if you don't intend to make more just like it. Really hoping for one with the G-shock shield ala the GW-5000 or he 5600C models :D

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, I already have the 35th aniv model, why do I need something that looks almost like it. I get it, it supposed to look like the first G, but do something different!

I think as much as I want a Ti square I will set this one out. Hoping they will do more models in the future, which I think is a given. When they did the limited run of the first Ti square it was basically a GW-5000 but in titanium, these should hopefully be available in more runs since they are releasing the camo version, which is part of a collection, plus, why go to the trouble of a titanium bracelet etc. if you don't intend to make more just like it. Really hoping for one with the G-shock shield ala the GW-5000 or he 5600C models :D
    Yeah, I'm having second thoughts myself. Why spend this much coin on a watch I essentially already have.

And you are right, it makes no sense to do a one-off Ti. I think they will bring out some standard raw versions as part of a regular production run.

The only downside is scratches, unless they throw on a protective clear coating like Seiko does with their Diashock.
    perfectlykevin likes this.

Casio does this type of coating on some Oceanuses if I remember correctly. Would be nice if they would. I don't mind the black, it is low-light and stealthy, and if wear becomes too much I could always have it coated.

I think when it comes down to it, I really want a titanium G square with that classic look. Call me picky :D
    babyivan likes this.

Yeah, I'm having second thoughts myself. Why spend this much coin on a watch I essentially already have.
    The only similarity between these watches is the colorway. I think once you strap this Ti/sapphire version on your wrist, you will know where your money went. I was one of the biggest initial critics of the aged IP version until I tried one on at my AD. Photos just don't do justice to the liquid gunmetal colorway of that watch. Now it's one of my favorites in my collection. I expect the experience with this Ti version will be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    Casio does this type of coating on some Oceanuses if I remember correctly. Would be nice if they would. I don't mind the black, it is low-light and stealthy, and if wear becomes too much I could always have it coated.

I think when it comes down to it, I really want a titanium G square with that classic look. Call me picky :D
    For $1,500 I would certainly expect Casio to apply the titanium carbide coating they use on their MR-G and Oceanus lines. That is a lot of coin to spend on a square, and I expect Casio will make it worth our while.
    babyivan, Time4Playnow and mtb2104 like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    The only similarity between these watches is the colorway. I think once you strap this Ti/sapphire version on your wrist, you will know where your money went. I was one of the biggest initial critics of the aged IP version until I tried one on at my AD. Photos just don't do justice to the liquid gunmetal colorway of that watch. Now it's one of my favorites in my collection. I expect the experience with this Ti version will be even better.

For $1,500 I would certainly expect Casio to apply the titanium carbide coating they use on their MR-G and Oceanus lines. That is a lot of coin to spend on a square, and I expect Casio will make it worth our while.
    Are you getting both Ti squares?

> everything else

Are you getting both Ti squares?

> everything else
    The only one I'm interested in is the TB-1, but I'm in no rush to grab one due to the price. We'll see how limited it really is.
    babyivan likes this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread Information