GWM-B5000 Titanium - Page 40
Like Tree3340Likes

Thread: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Page 40 of 129 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast

re: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    Great event at Topper Jewelers tonight

HERE are some videos of the GMW-B5000TB-1, GWM-B5000GM-1 and MRG-B1000BCM-1

Attachment 14561921
    Which GMW-B5000 is that on the far right?

Quote Originally Posted by JBski View Post
    Which GMW-B5000 is that on the far right?
    That would be the GMWB5000TFC the Porter edition that came out last year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    That would be the GMWB5000TFC the Porter edition that came out last year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    correct. That was Rob's personal watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    I wonder how legible the STN negative display will be. The DLC camo finish looks spectacular on the video. The buttons are nice and big as well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Buttons and display is the same as any other GMW currently out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    Another little look at the Camo.... and a visual on Random Rob. Good to finally put a voice to a face

https://youtu.be/zRxvsa8zrd8

> everything else
    Awesome vid. I've been watching Random Rob for a while now.
    With such positive review I think chances of getting this thing below retail is slim, at least until they start overproducing them assuming that even happens? Anyone who pre-ordered below retail consider yourself lucky.
    I pre-ordered a MTG-B1000DCM at a good price. I couldn't justify spending that much on another metal G and missed the discounted pre-order but now I want one of these too.
    Last edited by eaglepowers; October 22nd, 2019 at 21:04.
    babyivan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    correct. That was Rob's personal watch.

Buttons and display is the same as any other GMW currently out.
    That's good to know. Thank you for the confirmation. It should be a major improvement over my GW5000.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

I feel like I've seen this thread before. We've all seen this thread before. Grief from jilted enthusiasts who either bought or otherwise attached themselves to the previous iconic piece, in this case the steel squares. Now that they've announced titanium, the price is too high, the metal and/or the finish is wrong, it looks like some square I've already got etc.

This is the all-metal square that Casio should've made the first time. Light enough, durable enough, sapphire, starting with a classic square reissue. I'm glad I gave the steel the hard pass it deserved. Why did they even bother with these Ti releases if the steel was such a home run? The steel obviously isn't doing what they hoped if they're willing to gamble on Ti (or admit their initial error, depending on your perspective). I'd be curious what Casio said when they released the steel, whether it would be limited or not. I'm guessing their language was just as vague as they're being about the Ti.

It'll be interesting to see how many of these filter into backwaters like mine (Australia), particularly the killer camo piece. I doubt they will be saddling up to routinely pump out laser etched cases and bracelets every other week. I can't really say how I'd improve on that camo, so I'm going to try to land one and will pay retail if required. I can see this camo Ti square displacing at least 4 gshocks and maybe a mechanical, so according to the laws of enabling, it'll a) be a decent piece and b) partially pay for itself.

If these Ti squares fail, I'm sure some of the above reasons will be valid. We can all say atoadaso and go back to our $100 resins and $500 170 gram steel squares. Hurrah! Casio should be applauded for letting the engineers off their leashes a little here and rethinking their all metal squares.
    gojira54 and JustAbe like this.

"Why did they even bother with these Ti releases if the steel was such a home run? The steel obviously isn't doing what they hoped if they're willing to gamble on Ti (or admit their initial error, depending on your perspective)."

The steel models are still selling very well, and despite what people are saying, these are limited editions, and are not meant to replace the steel models as you're suggesting.
    babyivan, acadian and Time4Playnow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    I feel like I've seen this thread before. We've all seen this thread before. Grief from jilted enthusiasts who either bought or otherwise attached themselves to the previous iconic piece, in this case the steel squares. Now that they've announced titanium, the price is too high, the metal and/or the finish is wrong, it looks like some square I've already got etc.

This is the all-metal square that Casio should've made the first time. Light enough, durable enough, sapphire, starting with a classic square reissue. I'm glad I gave the steel the hard pass it deserved. Why did they even bother with these Ti releases if the steel was such a home run? The steel obviously isn't doing what they hoped if they're willing to gamble on Ti (or admit their initial error, depending on your perspective). I'd be curious what Casio said when they released the steel, whether it would be limited or not. I'm guessing their language was just as vague as they're being about the Ti.

It'll be interesting to see how many of these filter into backwaters like mine (Australia), particularly the killer camo piece. I doubt they will be saddling up to routinely pump out laser etched cases and bracelets every other week. I can't really say how I'd improve on that camo, so I'm going to try to land one and will pay retail if required. I can see this camo Ti square displacing at least 4 gshocks and maybe a mechanical, so according to the laws of enabling, it'll a) be a decent piece and b) partially pay for itself.

If these Ti squares fail, I'm sure some of the above reasons will be valid. We can all say atoadaso and go back to our $100 resins and $500 170 gram steel squares. Hurrah! Casio should be applauded for letting the engineers off their leashes a little here and rethinking their all metal squares.
    First off: highly doubtful that the original all steel squares are a flop. Do you have numbers/data to back up your claim? Using the word "obvious" implies that everyone is well aware of this, or at least should be. I think they do quite well.

As for your theory on why they are making the Ti: I think it's quite the contrary.
    The only reason the Ti is being attempted, is because of the of steel's success. If the steel was a flop, Casio would've abandonded the whole thing, not double down on it! Point is, I think your logic is flawed.

Oh, and I love love love the OG full metals!

No Sapphire: who cares? I don't. Sapphire is more brittle than mineral.

Steel instead of titanium: meh, don't care. I like that they have some heft to them, it makes them feel substantial. If I want light, I will wear my 5610 or my gwb5600-1bc (has Combi and is also a Bluetooth).
    Also, coming from my Seiko divers, it's as light as a feather

As far as the new Ti; well I'm happy to see them making it, but it in no way detracts from the originals. Oh, and I think the camo Ti looks spectacular. But at $1650, that's a hard pass.

> everything else
    Last edited by babyivan; October 23rd, 2019 at 20:45.
    Irf, JustAbe and Time4Playnow like this.

The GMW-B5000TB looked great in the press shots but seeing it on video, I don't much care for the polished bracelet sides and polished bezel. The way they are catching light looks kinda cheap and tacky.

I understand that they probably felt like they need multiple textures/finishes to justify $1500 but personally I would have preferred a uniform matte finish.

I won't comment on the camo model since camo in general is not something I have any interest in.
    babyivan and tomchicago like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    I feel like I've seen this thread before. We've all seen this thread before. Grief from jilted enthusiasts who either bought or otherwise attached themselves to the previous iconic piece, in this case the steel squares. Now that they've announced titanium, the price is too high, the metal and/or the finish is wrong, it looks like some squared I've already got etc.

What are you talking about? So you're saying the SS gmw isn't selling well? I find that very hard to believe.
    Also, the Ti version really serves to further strengthen the sales of the SS version. It brings exposure to the line and other than G Shock fanatics no one would ever spend that much on a Ti gmw, but there is a good chance they might on the SS after that.
    babyivan and JustAbe like this.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Page 40 of 129 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread Information